cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order is still "stuck" and no one at Plusnet replies or is contactable - Small Claims Court

Deefor
Dabbler

My order is still "stuck" and no one at Plusnet replies or is contactable - Small Claims Court

And still nothing - I was on hold for over an hour trying to speak to customer service, but I had to then go back to work, so not actually spoken to anyone. Emails and tickets raised have gone unanswered, posts on this board have not been picked up by "Staff" . I think the order was placed 10th Sept. 

They have however at the time of making the order taken a full monthly payment from my bank account, which is contrary to what my plusnet account shows ( that no payment has been taken yet). My bank has also told me that this is not a direct debit, which is what I signed, but a charge put directly on my card.. My bank is therefore going to look at it as fraud potentially and if it isn't refunded asap  I'll start a small claims against plusnet. 

The lack of communication, the dire customer service and failure to provide what they have taken payment for, should be more than enough for the Small Claims Court

Has anyone had success in getting money back in this circumstance? 

6 REPLIES 6
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: My order is still "stuck" and no one at Plusnet replies or is contactable - Small Clai

@Deefor 

I am not a PlusNet staffer, but the first charge is normally a direct payment from your card, the direct debit will only start when you actually have a service and not before. Its certainly not fraud. 

PlusNet also do not have email for customer services, they I believe end up in a black hole rightly or wrongly.

Add a note on your ticket to prompt them again.

Its also helps if you add a tag to your messages to help highlight it to staff.

Deefor
Dabbler

Re: My order is still "stuck" and no one at Plusnet replies or is contactable - Small Clai

What tag would you suggest  to get Staff attention please?

I have added notes to the Tickets on a number of occasions  - none have been responded to, neither has the issue that they themselves raised and said would be addressed asap. 

And since they have taken  a monthly payment and supplied no service, I don't consider that to be an honest transaction. 

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@Deefor 

How about "stuck order" or "no service" even both.

Deefor
Dabbler

Another day a deafening lack of response from Pliusnet or anyone on the Staff..even though they are obviously moving threads and responding to some forum posts..

I have  started the Small Claims process.. do you think the Baliffs will have any joy?

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@Deefor 

You have still not added any Tags to your post.

You are jumping the gun somewhat and wasting your money on the small claims court.

You should first of all follow the complaints code of practice https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/   (note Chat is not currently available)

The alternative is send an email to the CEO

Something else to bear in mind however inconvenient it is there are limited staff in office and same issue for Openreach engineers who would setup any new line transfer due to Covid 19 restrictions. I believe the main customer service centres are located in one of the new Tier 2 (High Risk) areas

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @Deefor 

I'm sorry for the delay with progressing your order. I've put this through to our suppliers now and your phone line should transfer to us on 30/10/20. I've ordered your new router now you should receive within 3 to 5 working days.

Once your phone's transferred across we'll activate your account with us and we'll email you afterwards so you can setup your router to connect to the internet. Your service with your existing provider should carry on working in the meantime.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet