cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order 'got stuck' - how long to resolve?

Chippytea

My order 'got stuck' - how long to resolve?

Hi Plusnet community,

Placed order for :

• Unlimited Fibre Extra

• Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls

• Monthly line rental

• Plusnet wireless router

...on the 22nd March. Old ISP got in touch and advised they'd end my contact on the 7th April, so assumed that was the date of activation.

Anyway, on the 8th April, my phone line stopped working (can't receive calls and when making calls I get an invalid number error), and my internet with the old provider conked out shortly after.

Note that I've not had any word from Plusnet at that time, and my assumption the router would turn up on the day was incorrect, so called the helpline.

Friendly lady seemed genuinely embarrassed and mortified by what's happened (not her fault obviously!), and has advised that my order 'got stuck', so she has to cancel it and start a new one, and has arranged for a new router to be sent out.

Leaves me with a few questions :

1) Do you know when my activation date is?! I'm guessing if the order is 'lost' then my broadband isn't activated, or even in the queue for being activated? I'd check but the old hub from my last ISP (EE) is locked to them so can't check til the new router arrives anyway.

2) I specifically joined up using TopCashback, will that be impacted by this, or is that linked to my account? I'd be utterly livid if that didn't get paid.

I know it's not your fault personally but it's a pretty monumental cockup somewhere and I don't want to be messed about too long, or left significantly out of pocket if the TopCashback doesn't get paid.
2 REPLIES 2
Chippytea

Re: My order 'got stuck' - how long to resolve?

Here's updates for everyone :

No contact received by Tuesday so I called and was told the order hadn't been replaced. Person on phone said he would place the order there and then. Did I want to keep my number? Yes, absolutely. Definitely.

I'm told I'll get an update by the end of Thursday.

Good news, I get updated by Thursday morning.

I will have no broadband until 28th April, and my home phone, complete with new number, on 27th April.

So that's another 2 weeks with no internet and phone, and when I do get the phone, I have a new number I don't want. I want my old number of 27 years.

Can this be sorted by you lot or should I just go ahead and cancel and then go with a company that doesn't [-Censored-] my order up, blame a competitor and lie about me keeping my old number?!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: My order 'got stuck' - how long to resolve?

Hi @Chippytea, I have taken a look at this for you and provided a further response on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team