Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My newly placed order.. I'm confused

FIXED
coreymall96
Dabbler

My newly placed order.. I'm confused

Hi all

Yesterday I were going to order Plusnet but I didn't quite get round to it but when I added everything to my cart it said I would need an engineer to come out for £49.99 and today when I did everything the exact same, it didn't mention an engineer and didn't show in my cart? Before it took me to my order it asked if I had a BT socket (which I do).. I literally did everything the exact same as yesterday, could someone help me please? It would be great if I didn't need the engineer.

26 REPLIES 26
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: My newly placed order.. I'm confused

£49.99 is the charge to provide a new line

coreymall96
Dabbler

So because I have a Bt socket already an engineer doesn’t need to come they would just reactivate it?
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If the line is not active I believe you would have to pay the new line provide charge, but if an engineer needs to visit would be down to BT Openreach to decide.

coreymall96
Dabbler

But that wasn’t in my cart and I weren’t charged for it? The line would have been active before we moved in on 16/10/17 and the BT socket is still there, so they would just need to reactivate it wouldn’t they? I’m not sure how it works but how do I find out otherwise as I have just received a message saying my phone service will be active today?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@coreymall96 Do you know what your phone number is?

John
coreymall96
Dabbler

Yes Plusnet has given me it. Why?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Have you confirmed it is working? If the phone isn't working, your broadband certainly won't.

If it is, however, you should not need an engineer visit.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed after two posts were removed as per Forum rules.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Mind sending me a PM with your address and landline number we've given you?

I'll be happy to check a few things out this side.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coreymall96
Dabbler

Just sent it. Thanks in advance
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Cheers for the details.

It looks like we just restarted a recently stopped BT line at your address, which took just over 1 hour and is possibly the quickest I've ever seen a phone line to be reactivated as these type of orders usually go through next working day. 

We then swiftly got the broadband order in place, was accepted by our suppliers promptly and is due to complete on the 27th.

Again these type of orders usually bear a lead time of 4 working days. I'd hazard a guess that the equipment in the exchange was left semi-active when the line was ceased, so it's a relatively easy and quick process to reactivate the services.

Whilst this doesn't explain why we wanted £49.99 the first time you tried to sign up, if you selected all the same options both times, it's possible the system didn't detect the stopped line initially.

Let us know how it goes on Monday! Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coreymall96
Dabbler

Thanks a lot. That’s great news!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, aye indeed.

I'll check up on things when I'm in the office on Sunday.

Hopefully your router (assuming you've ordered one) arrives in time for the unexpected early activation.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Two off-topic and unhelpful posts removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've just checked up on your broadband order and it's still in progress for the 27th.

We'll let you know when your broadband connection is ready to use and fingers crossed your router doesn't take too long to arrive. It should be in the post soon. -Anoush

EDIT: Changed date from the 24th to the 27th.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet