cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet 'go live' date has now gone with no internet!!!!

chryastal

My internet 'go live' date has now gone with no internet!!!!

As the subject states. I was told my internet 'go live' date was the 14th December. By the 15th nothing happened and I was not notified so I contacted Plusnet via their online chat. I was told there was an issue at the exchange and an engineer has been dispatched to have a look and I would be live the afternoon of the 15th and I would be contacted. Of course it is now the 16th and no joy. I contacted Plusnet via online chat again before 10am and I was told that the suppliers have encountered a technical issue and a bridge case has been raised. From what I have read a bridge case can take over 6 weeks to be resolved. I cannot wait any longer for this to be resolved so I would like this escalated and someone to take onus and ensure this goes live on the 19th. The operator I spoke to via online chat said it would go live on the 19th December but then immediately after said I would be updated on the 19th. Something is amiss. He doesn't seem sure that my internet service is going live on the 19th. 

Also while speaking to him via the online chat this morning he tells me I was emailed by Plusnet support via question 140129887 at 10:52 on the 15th. I never received any emails from Plusnet till this morning at 10:15 which was after I initiated contact via online chat to Plusnet. And looking at the emails the 140129887 question was updated by the same operator I was speaking to, and might I add with very little information. It was updated to say they couldn’t say when it would go live as it was stuck with the suppliers and the next update was the 19/12/16.  This is really quite bad. It's like Plusnet is not bothered about their customers. I was expecting to go live on the 14th only to now be given a run around. And to add insult to injury I had to play 20 questions with the operator before I could get proper answers. Please see the transcript.

I have moved into this new build since the 22nd October and I have been trying to get internet since the 21st October. I had gone with another provider Supanet and after a month they still had not provided me with a working phone line or internet so I have cancelled with them and now currently undergoing the formal complaint procedure. So at least Plusnet has provided me with a working phone line but as you can appreciate I have been without internet for quite a long time and I decided to change to Plusnet because you seemed to have good customer reviews. But now I am not so sure.

As I have said I need this escalated and taken in hand by someone to ensure this goes live on the 19th December. I do internet banking which I have fallen behind on. Plus I have some very important forms to fill out online concerning my daughter and I need to get these done ASAP. Not to mention the fact that it’s Christmas soon and I will be having family over plus I have a small child who needs access to her tablet etc.

I await a proper response………….

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: My internet 'go live' date has now gone with no internet!!!!

Welcome to the community forums @chryastal.

Sorry to see you're experiencing problems with your broadband order. Looking over the notes on the account/order, it appears the order is awaiting frames work by our suppliers.

We chased this up on the 15th and were advised an engineer should be completing the work that day, we then chased this again on the 16th and again we were advised an engineer was still assigned and told to check back on the 19th for updates.

I see we have chased this up again today and again have been advised an engineer is still working on completing the frames work at the exchange and we have been asked to check back again tomorrow, with an estimated completion date of 21/12/16.

I do apologise for the delays you are experiencing, however I can see we are regularly chasing our suppliers for updates on this and doing all we can to try and get you online as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chryastal

Thanks for the response. Well it seems i went live but upon setting up the router the broadband light kept flashing and now there is no dial tone. I called last night and reported it and diagnostics was run on the line and they're coming up with it being fine but I can assure you there is no dial tone. I really am just fed up now. I really need this to get up and running asap. What is the eta on this please.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Really sorry to hear you appear to have a phone fault.

I see this was raised to our suppliers yesterday evening and we were given an estimated response time of today. We've since had a response advising that our suppliers wish to send an engineer to your premises to further investigate the fault.

Please could you respond to the ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=140436351

If you let me know once you've done this I'll try and get an appointment booked in for you asap.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chryastal

Hi. Thanks for responding. I now have an engineer booked for Friday morning. I really hope this gets fixed as I am at the end of my tether. Also I am being told I may have to pay £65 for the BT engineer but from the beginning I paid for an engineer to come out and get the phone line working and when he left there was a dial tone. It seems as soon as the broadband went live the telephone line then stopped working. So why would i have to pay an additional £65? Also as you are aware I was meant to go live since the 14th and there have been endless problems. Can you guarantee that when the BT engineer comes out on Friday morning this will all be sorted? That is telephone and internet will both be working?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello,

Apologies for the issues you are experiencing.

The charge will only be applied in certain circumstances. The best way to explain it is by copying and pasting the mandatory statement that we read:

If the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel without giving us 2 working days' notice.

The checks in the ticket Harry has linked, are designed to rule out the issue being your internal wiring or equipment.

We wouldn't be able to guarantee a fix I'm afraid, but I certainly do hope it would be fixed on the day. I'm in the office on Friday, so please feel free to let me know if you're not back up and running.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button