cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My future phone line got disconnected today - and now it costs £50 to have someone plug it back in?!

Sam3000

My future phone line got disconnected today - and now it costs £50 to have someone plug it back in?!

Yesterday evening I was about to set up Plusnet broadband for a new property, to which I get the keys to tomorrow. At the time, all was well and I simply needed to wait for the router to be delivered. Unfortunately events transpired that meant I could not finish the sign up process at the time, and left it until today. 

However today I have been told that the the phone line on this new property was disconnected earlier today at the local exchange and now I have to pay an extra £50 to have it reconnected, and wait a whole month for my connection, this seems like madness! The phone line hasn't been torn out of the building, its just been unplugged - having an engineer stop by and plug a wire back in should not take 3 whole weeks and cost £50, surely?! I fully appreciate that time is money, and an engineer needs to be payed for the time it takes to do this, as well as the cost of transport covered, but all of a sudden I'm paying the same cost for a 30 minute job that customers who require the installation of an entirely new phone line are required to pay, which doesn't seem at all fair.

Money aside, my major concern is that this has resulted in almost a full months delay in my connection now, as yesterday it could have been up and running in a matter of days, yet having the line reconnected is going to take 3 whole weeks. 

Please, there has to be some way of speeding up this waiting process, and if there is anyone at all who can offer a suggestion I would be extremely grateful. You can even have more of my money if you like, just don't make me wait more than three weeks!

2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: My future phone line got disconnected today - and now it costs £50 to have someone plug it back

Could you PM the username over? I'll check your account.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: My future phone line got disconnected today - and now it costs £50 to have someone plug it back

Thanks for sending the username over (for my colleagues, the service ID is: 3163191).

Unfortunately there's little that we can do to speed things up here. When a line is ceased at a property, the pair from your local distribution point is fair game for any provider. It's likely that it had been reserved before we got the chance to restart your line. Either that, or it may have been a Virgin Media line.

Apologies that there's little further we can do.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet