Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My connection should be available from today but no connection

FIXED
Woj
Fixes: 1

My connection should be available from today but no connection

I switched from BT. BT disconnected me on Friday 18th. I got text message several days ago from Plusnet stating that my broadband will go live on 19th but it is nearly 11pm and still nothing. I have the router ready but no confirmation that my broadband will be available. The phone line works. I would appreciate any support. I understand that it’s weekend but my connection date was already pushed by a week now it is worse as there is no internet at all at my house. 

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: My connection should be available from today but no connection

@Woj Welcome to the forums. It can take up to midnight on your activation day for all the systems to fall into place. Even if you have not had confirmation, it will not hurt to connect the modem/router and see if you have a connection.

John
Woj

@jab1 unfortunately this morning non-luck. No confirmation email or text. The bar light is orange and the broadband light is initially orange too but then changes to red. 

jab1
Legend

Sorry to hear that, @Woj . I'm afraid in that case, all I can suggest is that you give them a call - it looks as though they have failed to activate you.

John
Woj

@jab1 thanks. I tried but it looks that their lines are closed on Sunday?. I checked my account page and it looks that ‘your order is being processed’.

jab1
Legend

I thought they were open from 8AM, but I could be wrong - I have no cause to contact them, so am unaware of the opening times at the present moment.

A little worrying that your order is 'being processed' if you should have gone live yesterday. I would suggest you try ringing them as early as possible tomorrow.

John
Woj

Fix

I have called them today. Surpisingly, they picked up the phone alonst instantly (I heard horror stories about long waiting timnes). A lady on the other end of the line checked something and said that I am connected on their side but due to 'system glitch' my end of the wire was not knowig about it - hence no connection. She did something and the router connected to the broadband instantly. So boradband is sorted. I logged in to my account and all looks good - I can see my package etc.... but i have noticed that my telephone tab still states 'order in progress' - I may have to give them another call and talk about it, too.

Thanks @jab1 for your support.

jab1
Legend

@Woj Glad your BB is sorted - unfortunately that 'glitch' is all too common. Re: phone - if your broadband is working, so should your phone - without the phone being live, BB wouldn't be either, so have you checked the phone, as PN's systems are all over the place, and order status is one of the problem areas.

John