Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My activation day today

FIXED
bridder
Dabbler

My activation day today

Hi all, it's my activation day today and I duly lost my landline and broadband at 9:45ish this morning. I understand that my bb can go live anytime up to midnight but shouldn't my landline switch quite quickly? No dial tone, nothing. I've only the one master socket where it comes into my house and I've tried 2 phones in it.
I'm switching from Sky ADSL to Plusnet fibre.
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: My activation day today

Hi there.

From what I can see your phone order is still in progress with our suppliers.
As it likely entails a change of equipment at the exchange there can be some downtime.

Can you let us know if you're still offline tomorrow? Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bridder
Dabbler

Landline is now active and my number has been transferred, excellent. Just my bb to go now, I've plugged everything in but not turned the power on to the router yet. Will turn it on a bit later...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

No problem, the broadband order hasn't completed yet but it is set to before the end of today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bridder
Dabbler

All up and running now (bb and phone), I have been for a couple of hours actually but I've just received my confirmation email too and my member centre page has come alive fully.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that @bridder

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet