Did you mean: 

My account questions

FIXED
very452001
Grafter

My account questions

Hi,

When does my contract finishes? 

Is there any good deals with plusnet or is there better deals elsewhere?

Do I need a mac code when going to a different provider or how do I keep my existing number when moving to a different provider?

5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: My account questions

Fix

1. Plusnet give the best deals to new customers. Sorry but that is the priority for senior management. New customers are king, existing customers will more than likely stay without being offered the very best deal.

2. When you switch to another telephone provider, they will port your phone number across for you.

3. When you change ISP, the new ISP will take care of the switch for you. There is no PAC system anymore.  DO NOT tell Plusnet you are leaving as this may cause issues for you. You do not have to talk to Plusnet in order to leave.

If you change phone & internet from Plusnet to a single new provider then the new provider will take care of everything for you. You do not tell Plusnet anything, they will find out from the new supplier.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @very452001 - thank you for contacting us on the forums.

To discuss a new deal with us, please contact Customer Options on 0800 013 2362. They are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-7pm Saturday and 9am-6pm Sundays. They will also advise when your existing contract ends.

I can also echo the thoughts of @SpendLessTime too.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
very452001
Grafter

Thanks manage to renegotiate a deal with plusnet which means I'm still staying.

RadioFox
Grafter

@SpendLessTime wrote:

1. Plusnet give the best deals to new customers. Sorry but that is the priority for senior management. New customers are king, existing customers will more than likely stay without being offered the very best deal...

When I was looking around to upgrade to fibre a few weeks ago, I naturally looked on the Plusnet website first to see what the price was. I was surprised to see that there was an offer for existing customers to upgraded to fibre for just £10 per month for 18 months (then £14.99 after that). I was paying £9.99 for ADSL with a download of just 5 - 6 Mbps at the time. So for just 1p more I now have around 35Mbps download. I didn't bother looking anywhere else when I saw this offer.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@RadioFox

Deals vary a lot and you got one that was practically identical. I'm glad for you. Others are being offered to pay a few pounds more a month than the current new user deals. Those people aren't happy.

So in general, the very best deal is for new users, sometimes existing users can get a deal near to it but that is not guaranteed.

It is a way of the world, senior management wants to attract new users (normally because their salaries and benefits are based on this, in part) while they know that most existing users will stay even without deals. This is the same in every service industry in the UK be it ISPs, Banks, Gas, Electricity, phones etc. Very few swap suppliers.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT