cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Order

aidanonair

My Order

Recently placed and order and tracking it I see this “ Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. We're waiting for confirmation that your broadband order, due {strCustActivationdate}, has completed” is there meant to be an activation date in those bracket things
4 REPLIES 4
djones230
Hooked

Re: My Order

Mine say's exactly the same.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is supposed to be an activation date ... long standing issue.

Try looking at the tickets on your account - see the link below.  Log into the the member centre (in another tab) BEFORE clicking the link.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aidanonair

I’ve rang up plusnet earlier tonight as for some reason my order was cancelled they said it was a glitch or something. The order has been re done and I should apparently get an activation date in next couple of days. Looking at the ticket it’s saying “ Start of stop requested but no stopped lines or SOGEA” is this a good sign or am I facing yet more issues switching?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Oh dear!

Is this a migration from Sky / Talk Talk?

If the system cannot identify a circuit to your property, there might be issues within BT Openreach's own internal databases - an issue they pass back to the new ISP to fix ... by cancelling their new provide orders.

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.