Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Order all gone wrong no phone for 14 days

Symbolism
Dabbler

My Order all gone wrong no phone for 14 days

Placed an online order on the 26/7/2017

Go live date 9/8/2017

Rang on the 8/8/2017 to see if everything was ok told their had been a problem with the fibre order, but no one contacted me.

Orders have been replaced.

Live date now the 22/8/2017

unfortunately it looks like the cancellation on the phone line with my previous provider had gone through on the original date.

so now i have no Phone for 12 days, fibre broadband is till working 

spoke to my previous provider and they say their is nothing they can do. Plus.net also saying the sme

Chris

28 REPLIES 28
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: My Order all gone wrong no phone for 14 days

If you cancelled the service with your previous provider I'm afraid you have caused all the problems yourself. BT only allow one order on a line at a time - the cancellation order prevented Plusnet placing an order until it had completed.

If you had just placed the order with Plusnet and let them arrange the migration from your previous supplier (which would have sent them a termination notice when the migration happened) it would have gone a lot smoother.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear of the problems you're experiencing.

From what I can see the original order we've placed with our suppliers was rejected by our suppliers. I can see we've replaced the orders and this is still a working line takeover so I'd expect your service to still be working with your previous provider.

It may be worth asking them to raise a fault to further investigate.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Symbolism
Dabbler

I have spoken to sky and as I am no longer a customer as they ceased my phone line against the original plus.net order on the correct date they have had no notification of any problems on the phone. There is nothing they can do.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that Sad

Let us know if you have any problems with your activation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Symbolism
Dabbler

email received last night order has been cancelled again by plus.net broadband, they also cancelled my phone order at the same time. so now I will have to wait another ten days to  get a working landline. 

Impressed not

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like the simultaneous [SIM] orders we've placed have rejected due to a CTAG exception on our suppliers system. This is basically an order related issue where SIM orders fail and there is currently no workaround.

It's likely we'll have to place the phone order first, allow that to complete, then place the fibre order and request our suppliers it is fast tracked ASAP because of the exception issue.

I can see you're also discussing this with our provisioning team via the open ticket on your account.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf You asked the question "Let us know how you'd like to proceed."  What is that supposed to mean? Has the OP any choice but to wait for your suppliers systems (which always seem to be stuck or throw up exceptions) to get sorted. Sim orders seem to be particularly problematic and the solution is to raise separate orders which cause further delays and frustration to the customer. I can understand why some customers just give up and cancel. Why is it that BT's systems are so useless and not fit for purpose. Sorry I had to have a bit of a rant.Embarrassed

Symbolism
Dabbler

The annoying thing apart from no phone line obviously is the inability to expedite an order, I can understand the ten day waiting time on the first order, but when that fails the solution seems to be to put in another fresh order and wait another tens days and when that fails .........

Surely someone can deal with the first failed order and resubmit it without a further 10 day delay

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

@Gandalf You asked the question "Let us know how you'd like to proceed."  What is that supposed to mean?

I was half referring to the conversation in the ticket. I believe the agent there is willing to replace the SIM order and hope doesn't fail again which I see has been done. So far so good, our provisioning team will follow up via the ticket.

@Symbolism wrote:

The annoying thing apart from no phone line obviously is the inability to expedite an order, I can understand the ten day waiting time on the first order, but when that fails the solution seems to be to put in another fresh order and wait another tens days and when that fails .........

Surely someone can deal with the first failed order and resubmit it without a further 10 day delay

Whilst I appreciate this sounds like a good idea, unfortunately since it's a working takeover, each order we place of this type is dealt with as a separate order and entails the usual minimum lead time of 10 working days. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Symbolism
Dabbler

Well it just gets worse, I am tearing my hair out

It looks like I will now have to have a new telephone number, because plus.net have failed to manage a simply operation of transferring my line

The headache of informing everyone I deal with is beyond belief.

Something so easy as transferring a telephone line should not cause this amount of stress

During the whole process plus.net have failed to keep me updated until I contact them.

Can not go back to sky because I no longer have a phone contract with them as its been cancelled when plus.net were due to take over. but failed to inform anyone that the order had been cancelled

At my wits end and no one seems able to sort this mess out with quoting me another ten days to place a new order. I have an 86 year old father who I need to be able to contact by telephone

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see your previous provider isn't releasing your number to our suppliers.

Our checks indicate that your line is active and working. If you're unable to use your home phone then you need to raise a fault with the current provider of your line.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Symbolism
Dabbler

Well it's just got worse my broadband has now been disconnected.

I have been patient enough this needs sorting I can not wait another ten days
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you told Sky at any time you were cancelling their service?

Was the telephone number you had with Sky one they allocated to you or was it a number you transferred in to Sky when you joined them?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Symbolism
Dabbler

No I never communicated with sky till my line was ceased.

It's a long time ago but I think it's the number that was with the house when I moved 15 years ago so it would have been transferred into sky