Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Plusnet

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving to Plusnet

I'm pleased to say that the order has been closed off. 

Again, I'm really sorry for the unexpected delays and any broken expectations due to the system issue. I'm going to update the ticket on your account shortly to follow things up with you. Thanks again for your patience.

It's definitely been provisioned as ADSL2+ with an uncapped upstream

Here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197271315

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JJM
Grafter

Thanks @adamwalker

Can you or someone from Plusnet please assist.

I tried the router with DSL Mode 'ADSL2+' and then 'ADSL2' for over 30 minutes each without sync.

I then tried with DSL Mode 'Auto' and obtained sync almost immediately, at ADSL1 / ADSLMAX, as per the router stats a couple of hours after first connecting to Plusnet.

Router Statistics Plusnet.png

Whilst Plusnet is now working whereas before the order being closed off it was not, it is not currently ADSL2+ with uncapped upload with associated speed increases as hoped, but still ADSLMax exactly as it was before previously with BT and before that with other ISP's.

How was it determined Broadband has definitely been provisioned as ADSL2+? It this absolutely confirmed?

If so, could this be a 'stuck / sticky BRAS profile' or 'banded profile' type issue or something similar?

I had expected ADSL2+ to be available from the outset if confirmed provisioned. Is the DLM going to enable ADSL2+ as part of the 10 day training period?

What could be going on?

ADSL2+ is something I'd like to achieve if possible for the reasons already exhaustively covered earlier, and was one of the reasons for switching to Plusnet.

Just trying to progress the matter and get to the bottom of this.

Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks.

JJM
Grafter

@adamwalker

Just to update on the previous post:

After confirmation of order being closed off, the router was tried with DSL Mode 'ADSL2+' and then 'ADSL2' for over 30 minutes each without sync confirming ADSL2+ and ADSL2 were not initially available.

Retrying again after switching to DSL Mode 'Auto' obtained sync almost immediately, now the order was closed off, at the same sync rates since 2006 or thereabouts across various ISP's of 8064Kbps Downstream and 448Kbps Upstream on 20CN ADSL1 / ADSLMax, transitioned now to 21CN ADSL1 as is apparent in hindsight.

After stable connection of 53hr and 15min approximately the router disconnected and re-synced at 15613Kbps Downstream and 1163Kbs Upstream on 21CN ADSL2+ as below.

Router Statustics Plusnet ADSL2+.png

As this disconnect and re-sync was not end user initiated, it was presumably DLM initiated automated action.

As no changes whatsoever were made other than the essential Plusnet Username and Password change on the existing router, the improvement is conclusively entirely resultant from provisioning ADSL2+, and beyond the 14000kbps Downstream reasonably expected to be achieved from the tables.

After over 16 hours stable connection at the new sync speed, further stability and automated DLM increases over what remains of the 10 day training period are hoped for.

Whatever further gains, if any, however marginal, from replacement faceplates, filters, cabling, cable routes, routers, router configurations, and any changes initiated via Plusnet etc etc can be methodically explored after the training period to get the line performing to its fullest potential.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The drop you noticed was likely to be DLM yes, I've just run some diagnostics and we're not seeing signs of any faults or other issues but if the speeds are still below estimates after the training period do let us know and we'll look into it for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JJM
Grafter

@adamwalker

What specifically were these diagnostics?

Why were they performed?

Shortly before your post mentioning having just performed diagnostics, the router logs showed a disconnection December 28,2019 16:47:29. Is that a normal effect of the diagnostics run and why does it occur?

What effect will that disconnection have on the outcome of the training period?

Router Logs Disconnect 281219 164729.png

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JJM,

@adamwalker ran a Knowledge Based Diagnostics (KBD) test on your line. This checks every aspect of your connection for faults and performance problems - we have some more in depth information on these checks here. I can confirm that the disconnection occurred when the KBD was run and that this shouldn't affect the outcome of the training period.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
JJM
Grafter

Thanks @EmilyD

That is very interesting. Can I be sent a copy of the results of the KBD performed by @adamwalker ?

Also, can someone confirm what effect a power cut or similar disruption has on the outcome of the training period?

This occurred at some point overnight for an unknown duration. Power was restored around 2:56am approx 30 Dec 19. It was definitely a power issue as various clocks around the house were reset / flashing this morning. Working backwards from the router System Up Time shows when power was restored.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @JJM Sure, here you go:

xDSL Status Check
Circuit ID: [redacted] Service ID: [redacted]
Telephone NO.: N.A. Test Executed On: 2019-12-28T16:46:42.764Z
xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 13.8 33.5
SNR Margin: 7.0 4.0
Errored Seconds: 0 1
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 20193 13992
Speed: 1163 15612

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 7968 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 6374
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 62037 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 62037
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 14
Custom Thresholds
MTBR_RED:   MTBE_RED:  
MTBR_GREEN:   MTBE_GREEN:

With regards to a single drop in your connection I wouldn't have thought this to influence DLM in any way.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JJM
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf

Can I also have the results of the Copper Line Test performed by @adamwalker ?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @JJM, of course you can. Then copper line test results that came back are below:

Copper Line Test
Circuit ID: [redacted] Service ID: [redacted]
Telephone NO.: N.A. Test Executed On: 2019-12-28T16:49:19.832Z
Test Outcome: CIDT LINE TEST OK - END USER EQUIPMENT DETECTED DTR: T300
Copper Test Details
  A to E B to E
Capacitance: 312NanoFarad 311 NanoFarad
DP Line Length Estimate: 3485 Metres DN Line Length Estimate: 3595 Metres
Celerity:   Line Loss: 32.94 dB
Line Stability: Stable
Fault Report Advised: N
Service Level: 2

If there's anything else we can help you with then please don;t hesitate getting back in touch.