Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house with Broadband Only package,line rental paid by Partner

FIXED
Holyheader1a

Moving house with Broadband Only package,line rental paid by Partner

Hi

I am in the process of a house move and would appreciate some help. When I phoned PlusNet to try to arrange the transfer of my Broadband only package. I was told that I needed a BTC SIM code to proceed which meant that my wife who is the Phone account holder, would have to ring BT to obtain the code.She did this only to be passed from dept to dept, with one person saying at the end that she would have to cancel the new line order at our new address. So that a SIM code could be generated. She did this, only to be told by text message to her mobile that such a code does not exist unless you have Broadband with BT. This has subsequently resulted in our phone line being disconnected as well due to the cancellation of the original order (We are keeping the same Phone number at the new property) What I want to know is do I have to have this code? All I want is the same arrangement as I have now ie Phone account in my wife's name, broadband only in mine. My wife does not want to spend hours on her mobile to BT to get a code which they have no idea about. Also if I have to have this code then I feel I will have to cancel my PlusNet membership and ask my wife to obtain Broadband through BT which may be easier.

1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Moving house with Broadband Only package,line rental paid by Partner

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @Holyheader1a

@Holyheader1a wrote:
She did this, only to be told by text message to her mobile that such a code does not exist unless you have Broadband with BT.

Unless something has changed over the past 12 months, that doesn't sound accurate. I've seen a couple of different house move orders where customers have provided the order matching reference (Or SIM Code) from the phone provider, in order to allow us to place a simultaneous broadband order.

@Holyheader1a wrote:
What I want to know is do I have to have this code? All I want is the same arrangement as I have now ie Phone account in my wife's name, broadband only in mine.

While you don't need the code, it's usually recommended to try and avoid broadband downtime during the move.

If you proceed without a SIM code, we'd have to wait for the phone line to be installed/activated before we could place your broadband order against the line.

I hope this clears things up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet