Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house - FTTC connection in three weeks time

nimdy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Moving house - FTTC connection in three weeks time

I've moved house yesterday and called Plusnet about it last week. The simultaneous provide couldn't start until yesterday as there was a cease on the line from the previous owners (they had Sky I think). I had an update today to say the line and fibre will be connected on the 21st December. Is there any chance of getting this brought forward? If not, how does billing work as I won't have access to my broadband for nearly a month. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Moving house - FTTC connection in three weeks time

Hi @nimdy

Sorry to hear about the delayed connection time. I am afraid we are unable to bring this forward since it is determined by as and when a fibre engineer is available to connect the new service in the area. The billing cannot be stopped but I can add a note to refund any downtime experienced in the House Move process if that would help matters for you

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
nimdy
Rising Star

Hi Mark. Thanks for your reply. Hopefully the process won't process on the 21st else I won't have Internet access over the Christmas period. A refund would be great for the break in service.
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problems @nimdy.

If you could drop me a PM with your account username, I'll make sure the downtime refund note gets added onto the House Move ticket. Glad to help out.

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
nimdy
Rising Star

Thanks Mark. I have sent you a message. 

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for your message Stephen.

I've updated your House Move ticket with the downtime refund message so this will be actioned on completion.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support