cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home - chain members broadband

Lerk

Moving home - chain members broadband

As soon as I got the completion date for our house move I spoke to PN and started the process to move our existing contract to our new property.
We managed to get enough prior notice to meet the requested timescales, although we are not moving in until 3 days after the current owners move out which helped.
Both us and the vendor work from home so cannot afford internet downtime.

Today the current owners of our new house have got in touch saying that due to our move request, their ISP (Sky) are unable to process their order to move their service to their new house until our service transfers.

Both myself and my wife have spoken to plusnet Customer services and got two different stories:
My wife was told that we should cancel our order and that we would not be able to start our transfer until after we move.
I spoke to a CS rep who stated that Sky should be able to set up our vendor as ‘supply only’ and that there is no issue with our order. I even clarified that our order would not interfere with the vendor porting their phone number.

I relayed this back to the vendor who contacted sky again, they have reiterated their position.

Who’s lying?
4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Moving home - chain members broadband

What about the place the current owners are moving to?

With any circuit managed by Openreach there can only be one order on it at any one time - so  you and the current owner need to agree and instruct your suppliers - sounds like Sky are doing exactly what you want to do with their customer so you may have to wait.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Something is not quite right here...

1. Plusnet are doing everything correctly
  2. Plusnet's takeover of a working line order ought not to have any impact on Sky placing orders at their customer's new premises
  3. Given that Plusnet will have placed a cease order on Sky's line, there is no need for Sky to do anything in respect of that line
  4. Given that Sky own that line, they can do anything they want on that line - including cancel Plusnet's orders!

However I wonder if there is a new process wrinkle in here ... Sky generally provide service over a SOGEA line and provide voice services over VoIP.  That requires a different take over order process for Plusnet ... and the means and method of doing that have changed recently...

One for the staff members!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lerk

We are the ones who currently have the cease order in place and so are all set to transfer our service with no delay - it is the seller who is stuck (according to sky) although the CS rep I spoke to said they can just set up a new service to the sellers new property without bothering about the old line.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @Lerk, can you drop me a PM with your username please so I can check your orders on our side of things and make sure everything looks OK? - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team