Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House - Address not available

seancowling
Rising Star

Moving House - Address not available

Hi,

I am due to move to a new flat on the 30th November and have phoned the home moves team to inform them. On my lease agreement the flat is down as Top Floor Left, however on Plusnets system this is not shown. I have asked my landlords and letting agency however they inform me that the flat is indeed listed as Top Floor Left. Is there any way around this with Plusnet so that I can take my contract across?

Sean.

15 REPLIES 15
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Moving House - Address not available

Sorry to hear this.

Is it possible for you to PM me the full address so we can advise further?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
seancowling
Rising Star

Have done. Cheers
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Orders 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for the PM.

We've found a address that shows as " Top Flat Left". Can you confirm if there's a working phone line in the property at the moment and if so do you know the number for it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
seancowling
Rising Star

Hi,

Unsure if there is a working phone line or indeed what the number would be. When I went in to view it, there was definitely a BT broadband socket if that helps.

Cheers,

Sean.

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks for the help.

Sean.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Good luck with the move - I know what a nightmare that can be.

Was the socket in use? I am thinking did you notice a phone or a router plugged into it for example?

It is possible the previous occupants will cancel their landline, unless you can contact them and do an account name change which would be ideal. Then you would need to set up an account with someone which would mean the phone number may change anyway.

Sounds like PlusNet have located the address now, if you don't have the phone number and the new property is local I would knock on their door and poliety ask. Depends if that is feasible.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Unsure if there is a working phone line or indeed what the number would be

@seancowling If there is a phone socket, then plug in a phone and see if there is a dial tone. If so , dial 17070 and it should tell you the number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

seancowling
Rising Star

Socket was not in use - I viewed the flat once previous occupant had moved out, so no router or phone plugged in.

Have asked the letting agency regarding gaining access to the building soon (I don't move for a couple of weeks) to knock on the neighbors door - but as you said it hopefully sounds like the guys above you have found the address. Will wait for them to update.

Cheers.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would assume the phone account has been cancelled, though when it happened to me (my sister moved out, long story I won't go into here now) you'd still get a dial tone, but couldn't make any calls.

If you can get access and have a corded phone, I would test it with that to see if you have a dial tone. As I learned the hard way, you should hear something.

If so, that's good it means the socket isn't broken. The first thing you'd have to do I'd imagine is get a working line and a phone number before PlusNet can do anything. Could be wrong.

Look at landline providers and pick one of your choosing, and of course PlusNet can provide it too.

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

I've sent you another PM.

Sean

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi @MatthewWheeler

Any update on this?

Thanks
Sean

seancowling
Rising Star

Hi All,

Eventually found my flat number on the EPC certificate, however Plusnet say that the flat doesn't have a BT Socket. I don't think this is correct as I checked for one when viewing the flat, and there was one in the living room. Is it possible that the information held by plusnet is incorrect?

If I say that the flat is Flat G (which I think it would be if the flats were done by letters rather than numbers) then it comes up as saying there is a BT Socket/Phone line. 

Hoping to get this resolved ASAP so I can call back the Home Moves team and give them the required two weeks notice that they'd need.

Thanks,

Sean.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @seancowling

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry for the issues you're having with your house move.

I do understand your thoughts regarding the flat numbers / letters, the issue is that there are a number of variant flats with numbers, letters and floor indicating addresses. If we were to connect the wrong one then this would not only slow down the connection time for yourself, but runs the risk of potentially causing problems for other properties in the building.

As @MisterW advised If there is a master phone socket in the property, we advise to plug in a phone and dial 17070. This should then read out a line number to you that would clear up confusion.

Without being able to confirm which address it is we aren't able to begin the order process.

Let me know if you are able to gain access and to plug a telephone in, and we can progress and confirm a lot more regarding the order.