Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home

FIXED
Welshsteve
Grafter

Moving Home

Hi. I'm moving home soon, and up until the weekend, was unsure when this would be happening (I am buying a new home). All of a sudden today it has come together and I am now going to be completing on my new house on 16th April (a week on Friday). The purchase of this new home is crossing over with my current rented property, so for a week or so I will have both properties. I will be physically moving into the new property on 26th April, so 3 weeks time.

My question is, can I get my broadband moved in that time? Or could I sign up for a new contract at my new property by then and have that added to my existing account, and have that cross over with my existing contract until I move out of my current property? At which point I can close my current contract and continue with the new one?

Is there anybody from PlusNet Support on these forums who could assist me with this? Or would it be easier to call support?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Moving Home

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Fix

Depending on the availability of engineers and the state of the existing line, 3 weeks should be plenty long enough. If you’re currently in contract, it’s best to call the house moves team on 0800 013 2632 to arrange the move but you won’t be able to have any overlap of service between your existing and new addresses. 

If you’re currently out of contract that makes things a bit easier as you could setup a brand new account online then call to cancel your existing service for a particular date which could give you some overlap. 

Welshsteve
Grafter

Thanks, I will call the house move team.

Welshsteve
Grafter

All sorted 🤘

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Awesome!