Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved package problems

FIXED
alanh2a
Grafter

Moved package problems

2 weeks ago we went through the process of moving from a business package to a residential plus phone and tv package, we were told this would take up to 10 days, as we have still nor learned anything we phoned this morning only to be told it had rejected on the note, the advisor couldn’t understand why and asked asked us to try provisions department when they open? Can anyone throw any light on the matter as we are having trouble getting through. Thanks in advance

25 REPLIES 25
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Moved package problems

This sounds odd - in the past it has been stated that biz/Rez accounts cannot be changed to Rez/biz.

If a user wants to make such changes a new account has to be created. Obviously your case needs clarification from a staffer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alanh2a
Grafter

Yes, the new account was being created, all was discussed as the business is being slowly ‘retired’ so hence the change needed cheers

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Alan,

Ah, with that clarity, I can guess what has happened quiet easily … if you are seeking to retain the existing phone number.  PlusNet's systems (understandably) do not allow two accounts to have the same phone line number.  I do not recall the precise details, but I know there are compilations / industry rules about a CP "taking over" a line they already own.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alanh2a
Grafter

Thanks townman, Have had this discussion with sales team, they seem to know the score re the phone and didn’t flag any problems when we sorted the paperwork, hopefully some answers soon cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

From what I can see the change from a Business to Residential account is complete though your router is still connecting to the internet through your Res account.

If you can connect to your Biz account using the steps below we'll then close down your Res one.

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Basic Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is on the back of the router
5. Click on 'OK'
6. Click on 'Broadband'
7. Click on 'Disconnect'
8. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of yourusername@plusdsl.net
9. Enter your broadband password, which is your account password
10. Click on 'Connect'

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alanh2a
Grafter

From what I can see the change from a Business to Residential account is complete though your router is still connecting to the internet through your Res account.

If you can connect to your Biz account using the steps below we'll then close down your Res one.

Thanks Gandalf, i'm getting confused why would i close my Res account I've just moved to it from Biz?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Quote fixed.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

2 weeks ago we went through the process of moving from a business package to a residential plus phone

If you can connect to your Biz account using the steps below we'll then close down your Res one

1. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of yourusername@plusdsl.net

@Gandalf Have you got "Biz" & "Rez" interchanged here and at step 8 did you intend to refer to the Rez account?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about that. @Townman is correct, I got Biz and Res the wrong way round.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alanh2a
Grafter

I eventually got through to a member of staff this morning, she said all would be live in 10 mins and she would call back, which she dutifully did and said all was switched over now nothing else to do?

alanh2a
Grafter

do I still need to go through those steps mentioned? and can you confirm that there will be absolutely no interruption in service?

cheers

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Just make sure your router is configured to use your Residential account details.

Might be a too late now, but if you had a need to retain your Business email services (if hosted with Plusnet) did you make any arrangements to down-grade the business account to "Email only"?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah everything is setup on your Res account.

If you connect using your new Res username you won't be connecting to your Biz account anymore and we can get that closed down.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alanh2a
Grafter

Thanks Townman, yes as we are winding down the business still need to keep email and web space running for existing client queries etc, all was sorted and agreed with PN cheers

alanh2a
Grafter

Ok thanks, just for clarity can you confirm my email address and webspace/site will not be affected by doing this? cheers