cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house no internet

Danpackwood

Moved house no internet

Hi,

I recently moved house and have now been without internet for two weeks. An engineer came to setup the line, since then I haven't heard anything from plusnet to explain what they are doing. I haven't been able to get through on the customer service line either. Can someone at plusnet please explain why I don't have internet and when I will get internet. If plusnet are unable to provide the service I want a full refund and to cancel so I can find another provider who can.

I work from home and live alone so urgently need this to be fixed. I understand these are challenging times but I am very disappointed in the customer service.

Thank you,

Daniel
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Moved house no internet

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Danpackwood I'm sorry to see you're unable to connect to the internet following your house move order completing. Can you connect your router into the test socket as explained Here and let me know how it goes? Do you also have a phone handset you can test for dial tone with?

[edit]

Upon further investigation, line tests through a broadband test I've run is showing a fault on the phone line, there's a disconnection somewhere. We can't raise this to Openreach yet as system records are showing the line's ceased when it isn't. I've raised this and I should be able to report the fault later on this afternoon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Danpackwood

Thanks Anoush. I've connected to the test socket now, I don't have a phone handset to check the dial though.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem, I'm confident the issue's with the phone line based on the broadband test results. I'm just waiting on our ordering system to be updated to reflect the line's active so I can report the fault.

Emails of this nature I send across are normally picked up within an hour, so it's likely that the relevant team aren't working due to the bank holiday. I'll follow things up with you tomorrow if we don't make any progress today.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet