Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved home, no broadband, continual delays

pschow
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Moved home, no broadband, continual delays

Looking for help here.
I reported my home move in good time and was told that phone and broadband at my new property would be active on 14 Dec. My phone line went live on that date but not broadband.

As of today (6 days later), still no broadband as I'm told that my order is "stuck" on BT Wholesale's side, no specifics given. Each time I enquire I'm given a different completion date and this keeps getting pushed back.

As one would imagine, I'm now spending so much money on 4G data via my mobile phone, or having to drag my 9-mths-pregnant self to a cafe with free WiFi as I have important work that needs to be completed online on my laptop!!!

A nice lady at Plusnet Support offered £20 to be credited to my bank account as a goodwill gesture but even that hasn't materialised.

Not even sure if this has been issue escalated to the right people at BT or Plusnet. I see others have suffered similar problems and it's taken more than a MONTH for some customers to get access - I fear 2017 will come along and I still won't have broadband that I'm paying for.

I really shouldn't have to spend so much time and effort on getting this problem noticed. Please can someone DO SOMETHING to speed things along and get my order "unstuck"??!
5 REPLIES 5
pschow
Hooked

Re: Moved home, no broadband, continual delays

The support ticket is 139455171 if anyone's looking into this.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good Morning, 

I'm sorry about the delays on this, unfortunately it seems some notes on our suppliers side have not updated, I am going to get in touch with them and find out what the delay is. I will reply here as soon as I know more

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your continued patience on this, it's definitely not an ideal situation under any stretch of the imagination however I have chased the matter with BT Wholesale and found all connections have been completed by Openreach however on the BT Wholesale side your order is stuck in what is known as an exception queue, these queues are where orders are placed in their systems when their automated systems fail to complete a task.

We do not have any visibility of what the exact issue was that moved your account to the exception queue however an email has been sent to the application support group at BT Wholesale to correct this, I have also requested this be followed up by an email from the BT Wholesale manager I spoke to to hopefully speed up this process.

The normal lead time on this kind of thing is 48 hours however I am hoping this can be done sooner, if you haven't already I would suggest connecting your router, it'll connect as soon as things are done and I will monitor things from our end, I have added a note to your ticket so that any of our provisioning agents can see what I have done today.

Thanks

pschow
Hooked

Thanks for looking into this. Any chance of some good news by the end of today? What's the progress and are there any updates from that manager at BT Wholesale?
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon, 

As things stand the task is still with the back end team but I have requested someone get in touch from their end to let me know how things are going or if there are any issues they may have come across that were not immediately seen. As soon as I get that update I'll make sure you know however we are still looking towards tomorrow at this stage unfortunately unless something was to come back quite soon.

I am about to head to a meeting however I will get back to you afterwards