cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved House and into Limbo - still no line activation

imissnewwave

Moved House and into Limbo - still no line activation

I notified PlusNet on August 18th that I would be moving house and that I wished to take my existing account with me to the new address.

It was stated as the house was a new build an open reach engineer would have to come out and check the line. They did this on Monday and said everything was fine.

Since then I’ve been in limbo with no activation or internet service since and no real response via support tickets or the Twitter support account.

I’m unsure as to why this is the case. The connection literally just needs activating surely?
3 REPLIES 3
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Moved House and into Limbo - still no line activation

Hi @imissnewwave.

I'm really sorry about any perceived delays in responding to your queries, please accept our apologies for this. The progress on your house move ticket can be viewed here.

From what you describe, as it's a new build property an engineer had to check there was an installation and the integrity of the phone line first. It's only after this stage that the broadband can be ordered by us.

As this requires a separate Fibre trained engineer to provide the fibre coupling for your property, a new appointment therefore has to be arranged with our suppliers, this is subject to their availability. Upon completion of this work, the broadband connection is switched on automatically.

I hope this helps, however please let us know if you need any further assistance.

imissnewwave

Hello again.

It’s now a day after my supposed activation date and I still have no internet service or update as to when I will get it.
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi there,

I am really sorry for the delays in you receiving our services.

I have looked into your account and left a ticket for you to view here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha