cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved Home - Engineer Delayed, No Updates

Dovorian

Moved Home - Engineer Delayed, No Updates

Hello,

I recently moved house and informed Plusnet on 16th September.  I was given Tues 3 October as an estimated date for the engineer to install line.

On Monday I was told there was a delay, but there have been no updates since then.  I understand there can be delays but it is frustrating not to get any information at all.

I have called the customer helpline, spoke to live chat twice and called Provisioning today, but each one has been dismissive and unhelpful.  Just to say "waiting on supplier" isn't acceptable day after day. 

Can anyone help me to chase this up and get an engineer install date for me?  Ticket 157969780

Thanks,

Matthew

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Moved Home - Engineer Delayed, No Updates

Hi Matthew,

I'm looking into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like it took a little longer than expected for Openreach to provide a committed appointment date.

We've been advised we should have that within the next 24 hours. I'm moving the ticket 157969780 to my teams pool so we can take personal ownership and keep a watchful eye over this.

Once the line is installed, we'll have to replace your broadband order as the order we've placed at the time of the phone order unfortunately failed through the wholesale systems.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dovorian

Thank you for the info and update, much appreciated.

I wait to hear.
Dovorian

Thanks for the update on my ticket.  However, it is extremely disappointing to be told 17th October, which is delayed by 2 weeks from the original date (3 October).

I get the impression that I would have waited even longer, had my forum post not prompted your action.  This appears to be a regular issue, judging by other forum posts.

Please confirm: "Once the line is installed, we'll have to replace your broadband order as the order we've placed at the time of the phone order unfortunately failed through the wholesale systems."  What does this mean? Is it going to delay connection further?  It will already be 4.5 weeks when it's installed.

Had I been told earlier that it would take an extra 2 weeks, I would have purchased a monthly dongle for temporary WIFI or bought bigger bolt-ons to save money on our mobile contracts.  I understand Plusnet do not compensate for delays?

Is there no chance of an earlier engineer visit?  We can provide access at any time.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

However, it is extremely disappointing to be told 17th October, which is delayed by 2 weeks from the original date (3 October).

Our suppliers provided us the 17th as a committed date on the 3rd October, likely delayed due to engineer availability.

I get the impression that I would have waited even longer, had my forum post not prompted your action.

Had I left this in the hands of our support team, the outcome would've likely have been the same. All I've essentially done is asked Openreach to reflect the committed date on the systems we use before I confirm the appointment date to you.

Please confirm: "Once the line is installed, we'll have to replace your broadband order as the order we've placed at the time of the phone order unfortunately failed through the wholesale systems."  What does this mean? Is it going to delay connection further?  It will already be 4.5 weeks when it's installed.

We initially placed a simultaneous order so that your broadband service would activate at the same time as your phone service. However, the broadband order has failed through the BT systems and is showing as cancelled.

Once the phone order completes we'll need to place the broadband order separately which can take 4 working days. I  apologise for the inconvenience caused here.

We could cancel the phone order and replace the simultaneous again but I don't think that'd speed things along. Sad

Is there no chance of an earlier engineer visit?  We can provide access at any time.

Unfortunately not as it's due to engineer availability.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet