cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money taken under false pretences

GrahamB92

Money taken under false pretences

I paid upfront for 12 months line rental on 28th June 2017. Since then I have had 4 activation dates and 4 cancellations. I have raised questions which have been closed before they were answered. I have lost count of the number of Customer Support Managers I have talked to. They all promise some level of personal attention and all blame their supplier. It is obviously a major system problem within Plusnet as I can see now from this board.

I raised a complaint about this on Wednesday 16-8-17, reference number is: 155931772

I have received no response. Surprise surprise.

I am not writing this with any hope of a solution or an honest answer. I just want my money back and to warn others to stay well clear of Plusnet.

11 REPLIES 11
tracymbuckley
Grafter

Re: Money taken under false pretences

your message is heeded , can we cancel if they fail to provide the service on the due date WITHOUT A PENALTY Huh

What would the law courts judge i wonder ?

GrahamB92

I don't know the answer to that yet Tracy, but I hope to find out very soon.

I will not be surprised if they do not refund me very quickly because what have they got to lose.

They have lost my order, lost my trust, lost my respect and raised my ire!

They will gamble that I won't bother to take the matter further and hang onto my cash for as long as possible. They will lose that gamble. I have time on my hands and years of experience holding corporations to account via all normal avenues including OFCOM & OFGEM, Ombudsmen and two County courts. I have not lost yet. Successful targets have included; BT, British Gas, the Highland Council, Yorkshire County Council, DWP and HMRC.

Plusnet are sitting ducks! For them I will add the promise of publicity intended to deny their widely advertised claims of wonderful customer service!! 

tracymbuckley
Grafter

Although i have not reached the requested new line install date already i feel let down by this shambolic outfit due to having recieved several e mail stating there was a problem with my order !!!   This has now turned into order being escalated message .

I have neither the time or patience to keep chasing them up and will walk away if my requested date ( 6 weeks given !) is not completed .  A court battle will ensue of this im certain !!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear of the poor experience you've had which ultimately lead you to cancel your account with us

All the best with the provider you choose

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Duplicate post raised in error removed..

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tracymbuckley
Grafter

Why are Plusnet so poor at meeting commitments ?    THE TV ADVERTS are laughable when it comes down to the  actual delivery of promises .

tracymbuckley
Grafter

oh dear , ive been warned off for posting unhelpful comments .   That says it all !!!!

GrahamB92

Hi Tracy, I didn't see anything unhelpful in your comments. I thought this thread should have been very helpful to Plusnet, to let them know they have a systemic problem, and to it's prospective customers to let them know that they may be in for a bumpy ride. Nothing unsubstantiated or intemperate to be found here!

To bring this up to date. I cancelled my account last Friday 18th. I was assured that I would receive a full refund within 3 to 5 working days of my initial charges which included the up front 12 months line rental. I will wait and see, but I actually am quite hopeful 🙂

I have no real gripe with any of the call centre helpline staff I have dealt with. They have all been really friendly and patient and have always seemed to be taking the matter seriously. I believe they have done everything they could within the system available to them (barring one event of re-placing my order for one with a change of landline number). The problems seem to arise in the systems which deal with their supplier (BTWholesale) and it's feedback about this to the prospective customer. The standard of attention that this area is given is not fit for purpose and needs to be addressed.

Anyway, my current supplier (TalkTalk) has now been able to give me a better deal than Plusnet had been offering, so I have signed up again for another 12 month contract (why did they not do this in the first place?). Plusnet's  continual delays have cost me 2 months at the higher charges that I have paid to this supplier. I still think that OFCOM should be made aware of this situation and they should investigate if and why BTWholesale are producing these issues which are obviously not isolated examples.

Best wishes to all and happy hunting!

tracymbuckley
Grafter

Hi Graham ,

glad you appear to have escaped and resolved your issues .   It appears Plusnet and the mods do not appreciate

any  "unhelpful remarks "  their words not mine !.   Any how i will await further  news of my installation date with baited breath . Im probably blacklisted now however and envisage migrating to another supplier too when the fail to fulfill the agreed date .   Best wishes .

tracymbuckley
Grafter

I suspect the PLUSNET team have been beaten into a mindset of acceptance and are unable to influence many aspects of customer service , mediocrity and a wait and see mentality seems to prevail .  Meanwhile i await yet another update today on my order .   IM ALSO STILL AWAITING A REFUND ON MY LAST BILL , THIS IS NOW OVER 7 DAYS OVERDUE !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@tracymbuckley wrote:

IM ALSO STILL AWAITING A REFUND ON MY LAST BILL , THIS IS NOW OVER 7 DAYS OVERDUE !

Your refund was issued as per this service notice and should arrive within about a further week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tracymbuckley
Grafter

ok , thank you for confirmation of the refund .