cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing router no internet

Emlea85

Missing router no internet

By open reach have been out today to connect to fibre. I am yet to receive my router from you and as such I have been left with no internet at all. I have tried to use your online chat option but it has been unavailable/busy all day. I have also tried calling you but have been hold for so long I gave up. Can you please advise where my router is/when I can expect to receive it and please explain why failures in your services have now left me with no internet (which is proving very detrimental to my work).
7 REPLIES 7
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Missing router no internet

Hi @ Emlea85,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear that and apologise for the oversight, I can see the router was added to the account ready for mailing however I can't see it had been mailed to you so I have requested this today, for Royal Mail First Class delivery within 3-5 working days.

If you have access to an existing router you can use that to connect, using your Plusnet Member Centre login details to authenticate the connection.

If you have any queries, please come back to us.

Thanks - LF

Emlea85

I have tried logging in to my existing router using my Plusnet details however it’s not working. The log in page is just repeatedly telling me that my broadband is down and to try again in 10 minutes. This is now the third day without internet, third day without being able to use the TV, this is unacceptable. Please advise
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Emlea85,

Currently I believe you have a 2704n router, which will not work on a fibre connection unfortunately. We're hoping the new router should be with you in the next day or so, but in the meantime if it's become an issue for you we'd be happy to reimburse the cost of a store bought one up to the value of £40 - This is a good value router and Argos offer same day delivery to your postcode which should resolve the issue straight away for you. If you choose to purchase a router please provide a copy of the invoice/email and we'll refund from an invoice to counter-act the cost to you. 

Emlea85

Hi, thank you for your reply and clarification. I have today received an email from my previous internet provider notifying me of their intention to take another Direct Debit payment from me for broadband services. Why haven’t you notified them of the account switchover. I was told that my missing router was an oversight and as such my switch/connection date should have been the 6/12/19 yet it seems that I am now paying you for internet, paying my previous supplier for internet all while not actually having any access to the internet. Can you please advise whether my previous supplier has been notified. Thanks
Emlea85

Also, if I purchase the router you suggested today will I be able to plug it in and connect right away?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Emlea85,

A store bought router won't work with a plug and play option - you'll need to manually login and configure the router using the settings here. If you need any assistance or clarification with anything please let us know and we'd be happy to help in anyway we can.

That said your Plusnet router is now showing as dispatched 16 hours ago so you should either have had it by now, or it should arrive tomorrow. Currently we haven't activated the Plusnet account because the router hadn't been received (to stop billing) but I'm going to do that now so that you can plug and play with the Plusnet router. let us know if you have any issues.

We have notified them as part of the transfer so that account should have automatically closed down. It's possibly a final bill received? It might be worth checking with them.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Actually @Emlea85, I didn't' realise it was a John Lewis account. I've got one of my colleagues in JL to back date the billing from the date the Plusnet account was created, so you'll be automatically refunded any backdated amount by them.