cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed fibre upgrade date

pcehb

Missed fibre upgrade date

I applied for switching from unlimited broadband to Unlimited Fibre Extra. I was told the switch would happen by Feb 10th and yet it still hasn't upgraded multiple days later. Can you please confirm when this transfer will actually happen? I am very unhappy that the transfer did not happen when promised, especially after going through being incorrectly overbilled in the past, being lied to that my house was not capable of fibre and when moving and that I needed to change from fibre to non-fibre contract (and pay MORE than before for 10 times slower speed) which I later found out was completely false and I could have been on fibre since July when I moved, and having such bad upload speeds that I now have to hotspot off my 4G off my phone in order to upload any files anywhere. Missing the promised unlimited fibre extra upgrade with zero communication of this delay to me is unacceptable. I would like to immediately be transferred to fibre at the earliest possible occasion, preferably with some compensation for the missed transfer and previous lying about the lack of fibre capability at my property. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Missed fibre upgrade date

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the issues with your order.

I suspect fibre wasn't showing as available at your address previously which explains why we couldn't offer you it at the time. That could've been due to a capacity issue at the cabinet.

I've checked your fibre order now and that's due to complete on the 17th February before midnight, it had been delayed due to engineer availability. Your new contract and pricing won't begun until your fibre order's completed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Simon_F
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Can I jump in here and ask a technical question?

When switching from ADSL to FTC, does that require physical i.e. rewiring changes at the cabinet, or is it "software-only" operation?

I assumed it was the former, but a PNet tech/sales person said it didn't.

It's just that I've been waiting now for a month to be upgraded from ADSL to FTC, though my account says I'm being billed for it since the 17th Jan.

If it does require someone to change wires at the cabinet, I might understand that a shortage of Openreach staff could be the cause, but if it's just a matter of flipping some bits in software, then the delay would be somewhat annoying.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Simon_F wrote:

When switching from ADSL to FTC, does that require physical i.e. rewiring changes at the cabinet, or is it "software-only" operation?

An engineer would need to go to the cabinet. Apologies for any incorrect info we've given. 

It's just that I've been waiting now for a month to be upgraded from ADSL to FTC, though my account says I'm being billed for it since the 17th Jan.
If it does require someone to change wires at the cabinet, I might understand that a shortage of Openreach staff could be the cause, but if it's just a matter of flipping some bits in software, then the delay would be somewhat annoying.

The upgrade's scheduled for the 17th and we haven't yet completed the product change to fibre on our side so you aren't currently being billed for fibre, the billing system still shows your monthly cost for ADSL.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet