Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from BT

FIXED
fred77
Dabbler

Migrating from BT

Hi.

I will shortly have my FTTC transferred from BT where I enjoy good speeds, to PN, but am concerned about a few topics I have read on here about Openreach "switching the port" and that a few have suggested that it can result in poorer stats. I assumed when I switched that the migration would be linked to a change on the software side, if there is such a thing and that my line would stay physically as it is. My line was moved some time back when I had problems and I am now concerned that I could get a duff line again as a result of coming to PN.

Exactly what happens in these circumstances?

Many thanks,

John

3 REPLIES
wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Migrating from BT

Can't honestly comment on BT to PlusNet, but when I switched the other way it was clearly just a software switch. Internet went down at about 7:00am. Inserted BT credentials into the router (once I got up and noticed) and it came up to BT. Phone line was also seamless as far as I can tell.

You should be fine.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

Fix

Worked fine for me when I transferred, same speeds , no doubt much will depend on how things go on the day.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 212

Hi John.

Moving from BT retail/consumer is usually a straight transfer, so the line outside should remain the same.

Let us know if you have any problems with your activation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team