Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from BT

FIXED
fred77
Rising Star

Migrating from BT

Hi.

I will shortly have my FTTC transferred from BT where I enjoy good speeds, to PN, but am concerned about a few topics I have read on here about Openreach "switching the port" and that a few have suggested that it can result in poorer stats. I assumed when I switched that the migration would be linked to a change on the software side, if there is such a thing and that my line would stay physically as it is. My line was moved some time back when I had problems and I am now concerned that I could get a duff line again as a result of coming to PN.

Exactly what happens in these circumstances?

Many thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Migrating from BT

Can't honestly comment on BT to PlusNet, but when I switched the other way it was clearly just a software switch. Internet went down at about 7:00am. Inserted BT credentials into the router (once I got up and noticed) and it came up to BT. Phone line was also seamless as far as I can tell.

You should be fine.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Fix

Worked fine for me when I transferred, same speeds , no doubt much will depend on how things go on the day.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi John.

Moving from BT retail/consumer is usually a straight transfer, so the line outside should remain the same.

Let us know if you have any problems with your activation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet