Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating away - nothing on my account yet

jg321
Grafter

Migrating away - nothing on my account yet

Hi,

I started a migration away on 28/04 which is due to complete on 13/05 (my new supplier shows this as the BT committed date). There's been nothing showing on my account, and I've not heard anything from Plusnet to advise the service is going away. 

Just to confirm, I do want the service migrating away, and just want to make sure that my Plusnet service is properly terminated on 13/05, and that I won't be subject to any cancellation charges as this has been placed as a migration order.

Could a Plusnet rep please look into this? It's a migration to an LLU ISP (SMPF) and I'll be bringing the line rental over in a month or so, once my LRS expires.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Migrating away - nothing on my account yet

Hi there,

There isn't anything we can check on TBH as a migration processing as intended depends on the gaining ISP taking the right actions.

We can confirm that the service has been migrated away after the due date but no cease should be involved either.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jg321
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.

I was expecting you guys to be in touch to confirm that someone was trying to take over the broadband service, and to confirm that this was what I wanted. I was just a little concerned that this hasn't happened yet, but if you advise that there is no cause for concern then I'll let things take their course.

The migration order is still progressing with Openreach (it's going to an SMPF LLU provider), and on track to complete on the 13/05.

Thanks again.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I was expecting you guys to be in touch to confirm that someone was trying to take over the broadband service, and to confirm that this was what I wanted.

We should. We get notification when an order is placed to transfer a service away from us. However it doesn't look like there are any such orders in place right now.

It might be worth checking with your new provider on the type of order they are placing, they should be placing a 'Gaining Provider Led' transfer order, not a new line install or similar.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jg321
Grafter

Thanks again Chris. I've confirmed that the order is a transfer:

Unlimited Broadband
Provision type: Migration from another ISP

And is committed by BT for 13/05.

It looks like Openreach/Wholesale have failed to notify you about this, which I can't say surprises me. I obviously don't want to be charged the cessation fee for this, as myself and my new provider have done everything correctly. What are the steps to ensure I'm not charged?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It's a little concerning that we don't have a customer leaving notification if they have placed a transfer order.

Could you PM me your username and landline number please so I can double check we're checking the correct account/line for you. Thanks.

In regards to steps for you to take to ensure you're not charged, it's a bit of a tricky one, as your new provider should take the necessary steps, which from what you've said, they believe they have.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jg321
Grafter

PM sent. I'll update the thread with the outcome for anyone reading this in the future.