Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?_2_

OwldChap
Grafter

PlusNet Take OwldChap For A Fool

Original Post Title:-  PLUSNET TAKE OWLD CHAP FOR A FOOL

After Having To Change Telephone Number To Be Able To Change From BT Fibre To PlusNet ADSL

Now No Telephone Number At All PlusNet Disconnected Telephone Line For No Reason Completely Dead.

When The Broadband Switches Today No Communication Available At All.

@Gandalf Why Has PlusNet Disconnected Telephone Line For No Reason Completely Dead?

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
OwldChap
Grafter

Re: Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?_2_

Total Mess Now No Phone At All, Shortly Probably No Broadband Either.

Do PlusNet Have Any Idea What They Are Doing.

Disgraceful Service Or Should I Say Non Service.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Threads merged then moved to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

OwldChap
Grafter

So This Is How PlusNet Silence Their Critics Cut Them Of From The World. Move The Topic To Where Hardly Any One Will See It. Cut Off The Telephone  It Is To Be hoped OwldChap Does Not Have An Emergency. Every Thing Worked Fine Until PlusNet Took Over. Some One Has Disconnected The Wrong Wires Resulting In A "Dis In Network" And May Not Be Repaired For Three Working Days (16/08/18 17:00) 

How Long Does It Take To Replace Two Wires Obviously That Should Not Have Been Remove In The First Place A Long Time When You Do Not Know What You Are Doing.

PlusNet  Do Not Know  What They Are Doing And This Has Become Very Evident And Have No Care For Their Customers At All. 

How Do You Escalate This To A Complaint?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @OwldChap

It looks like Anoush has picked this up. I can see details have been added to the account: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=179997422 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
OwldChap
Grafter

Thank You @adamwalker For Your Response.

Now I Have Confirmation That PlusNet Have Not Got A Clue As To What They Are Doing.

I Have An Email To Tell Me "Your Broadband's Is Ready To Go" 

"Good news, your broadband service is now up and running."

NO IT IS NOT.

Who Ever Worked On The Line Was Totally Confused By PlusNet Making The Change To The Telephone Number, Done As A Marketing Ploy To Try And Confuse OwldCap In To Staying On More Expensive Unneeded Fibre Broadband By Indicating That I Would Have To Change Telephone Number To Move To ADSL. The Engineer Must Have Been Utterly Bemused So Much So That They Have Removed The Wrong Wires And Killed My Line Stone Dead.

There Can Be No Other Explanation.

I Do Not Think It Is Coincidence That The Phone Line Went Dead Around The Time Of The Email.

Total Incompetence From The Very Stat Of This Switchover By PlusNet Meaning No Service For Three Days Potentially Completely Cut Off Frightening.

I Have Never Experience Such Poor Service From Any Provider In All The 40 years I have had this Land Line, And That Says Something.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @OwldChap

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

Unfortunately your line was testing faulty when I checked your account this morning after your orders completed.
This indicates there's a fault on the Openreach network so I duly reported this to our suppliers.

With regards to the automated order completion messages you've received I do apologise for any confusion and inconvenience caused.

I can confirm that this is not done to make you go to fibre or change your telephone number, the latter issue we'll pass feedback on internally.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

Yes I Do Feel That Way Gandalf. A Complete Shambles.

How Do I Escalate This Thread To A Complaint.

Only PlusNet Could Re-Configure A Land Line That Was Working Fine And Completely Break It So The Land Line Is Stone Dead. As Above Whoever Tried Switching Over The Internet Made A Compete Hash Of It, Therefore The Fault Is The Product Of That Person And Not A Breakdown In The Infrastructure. So No PlusNet Telephone Service Or PlusNet Broadband. Which I have Already Paid For. On Top Of That Because Of PlusNet Incompetence It May Be 3 Working Days From Last Night When PlusNet Disconnected A Fully Working Land Line Before PlusNet Correct Their Fault.

I Am Left Without Any Means OF Telecommunication. Yes It Is PlusNet Responsibility And Is Nothing To Do With Openreach I Can Have No Contact With Openreach As The Transfer Is Under PlusNet Supervision.

Yes You Probably Checked My Account When I asked You In My Original Post Title:- PLUSNET TAKE OWLDCHAP FOR A FOOL. Why Has PlusNet Disconnected Telephone Line For No Reason Completely Dead? Earlier Today. The Disconnection Was Caused Last Night By Whoever Was Trying To Transfer The Broadband.

I can confirm that this is not done to make you go to fibre or change your telephone number, the latter issue we'll pass feedback on internally.” That’s N’But Tripe, Nothing To Do With The Fault That PlusNet Have Managed To Manufacture.

If There Was No Intent To Try To Get Me To Stay On Fibre Why Did My Telephone Number Have To Change For Me To Transfer To ADSL? Why Was I Instructed To Click On “I Don’t Have Phone Number”? “We’ll Pass Feedback On Internally” Is Not The Correct Answer Please Answer The Question. As Can Be Seen From The Posts Above I Have Written Above I Have Explained The Circumstances, No Answer There No Answer Here.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Only PlusNet Could Re-Configure A Land Line That Was Working Fine And Completely Break It So The Land Line Is Stone Dead. As Above Whoever Tried Switching Over The Internet Made A Compete Hash Of It, Therefore The Fault Is The Product Of That Person And Not A Breakdown In The Infrastructure. So No PlusNet Telephone Service Or PlusNet Broadband. Which I have Already Paid For. On Top Of That Because Of PlusNet Incompetence It May Be 3 Working Days From Last Night When PlusNet Disconnected A Fully Working Land Line Before PlusNet Correct Their Fault.

I Am Left Without Any Means OF Telecommunication. Yes It Is PlusNet Responsibility And Is Nothing To Do With Openreach I Can Have No Contact With Openreach As The Transfer Is Under PlusNet Supervision.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused, this is absolutely not what we wanted.

Ideally we'd have liked the transfer to be smooth with no break in service. For the record the order we placed was a working line takeover which meant an engineer went out to the exchange as part of the order. 

Unfortunately the simple fact is that something has gone wrong and there is a fault on the line which needs to be investigated by an Openreach engineer. The response time we have no control over.

Once your services are up running rest assured we will refund you what you've paid us for the time you haven't had a service.

If There Was No Intent To Try To Get Me To Stay On Fibre Why Did My Telephone Number Have To Change For Me To Transfer To ADSL? Why Was I Instructed To Click On “I Don’t Have Phone Number”? “We’ll Pass Feedback On Internally” Is Not The Correct Answer Please Answer The Question. As Can Be Seen From The Posts Above I Have Written Above I Have Explained The Circumstances, No Answer There No Answer Here.

As per one of my previous replies this is likely due to your landline number still being attached to an old account.

Again I do apologise immensely for this and I offered to renumber your line but I appreciate you've already notified people of your new number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

If I may....

@OwldChap wrote: He told me “As Your Line Is Associated With Fibre Broadband So BT Will Not Release Your Telephone Number And I Would Need To Stay With Fibre Broadband.

When I moved from BT Infinity (fibre) to Sky adsl, there were no issues with this. No number change, no engineer visit, no major outage during the day of Sky going active.

Unless things have changed, I can see why you've had the hassle you've had.

A bit baffled to be honest.

Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction Smiley

OwldChap
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:

Unfortunately the simple fact is that something has gone wrong and there is a fault on the line which needs to be investigated by an Openreach engineer.

It Is Also A Fact That Whoever Tasked With The Job Botched It And Manufactured The Fault And I Have A Very Good Reason To Say That.

As per one of my previous replies this is likely due to your landline number still being attached to an old account.

Implausible Answer If That Were True Then Any Association Would Be With ADSL And Not Fibre So I Do Not Accept That Explanation.  Escalate This Thread To A Complaint Or Please Send A Deadlock Letter.

PlusNet's Systems Are In Tatters

Again I do apologise immensely for this and I offered to renumber your line but I appreciate you've already notified people of your new number.

Renumbering The Line After The Event Is No Rectification For Misleading Information Given At The Time Of The Order, Very Poor Customer Service At The Time Of Order. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quotes fixed to make the post easier to follow.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It Is Also A Fact That Whoever Tasked With The Job Botched It And Manufactured The Fault And I Have A Very Good Reason To Say That.

Absolutely and as you've ordered services from Plusnet then the buck lands squarely with us.

That said, we do rely on our suppliers to fix things for us so we're waiting on an engineer to investigate this matter.

Implausible Answer If That Were True Then Any Association Would Be With ADSL And Not Fibre So I Do Not Accept That Explanation.  Escalate This Thread To A Complaint Or Please Send A Deadlock Letter.

PlusNet's Systems Are In Tatters

Do you mind me asking what you're expecting as a resolution to your complaint?

Renumbering The Line After The Event Is No Rectification For Misleading Information Given At The Time Of The Order, Very Poor Customer Service At The Time Of Order. 

I agree with you which is why we'll review the chat and pass feedback on to the agent internally where appropriate.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

If PlusNet Rely On A Supplier To Fix Things Then You Need To Make Sure Your Instruction Are Clear And Concise And When You Expect The Repair To Be Delivered. PlusNet Need To Pressure Their Suppliers To Deliver And Especially When The Fault Has Been Manufactured By Whoever Interfered With The Land Line Last Night And Caused The Disconnection To The Land Line Leaving It Stone Dead. 

Resolution Would Be A Plausible Explanation As To Why Your System And Personnel Functioned So Badly And I Believe Has Contributed To The Present Malaise We Are In. As DS Explains Above There Is No Reason Why This Mess Should Have Happened Other Than PlusNet's incompetence. What PlusNet Do Internally May Resolve The Problem For PlusNet But Des Nothing About This Mess And Loss Of Communication We Have Suffered.  I Have Already Had One Relative Driving A Distance To Make Sure We Are OK Because They Could Not Get Through On The Telephone There Is More To This Than PlusNet Realise Or Accept.

Also Since PlusNet Plan To Review The Live Chat Which You Asked For Information On And I Provided PlusNet Must Have The 3 Transcripts Of The Live Chats, PlusNet Will Be Able To Provide Copies Of The Transcripts For My Records As Other Companies Do.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @OwldChap

If PlusNet Rely On A Supplier To Fix Things Then You Need To Make Sure Your Instruction Are Clear And Concise And When You Expect The Repair To Be Delivered. PlusNet Need To Pressure Their Suppliers To Deliver And Especially When The Fault Has Been Manufactured By Whoever Interfered With The Land Line Last Night And Caused The Disconnection To The Land Line Leaving It Stone Dead. 

I appreciate what you've said unfortunately however we're simply not able to chase our suppliers within a response time they've given us. While there is nothing stopping us with calling them, the update they'd give us is to wait until after the response time.

Resolution Would Be A Plausible Explanation As To Why Your System And Personnel Functioned So Badly And I Believe Has Contributed To The Present Malaise We Are In. As DS Explains Above There Is No Reason Why This Mess Should Have Happened Other Than PlusNet's incompetence. What PlusNet Do Internally May Resolve The Problem For PlusNet But Des Nothing About This Mess And Loss Of Communication We Have Suffered.  I Have Already Had One Relative Driving A Distance To Make Sure We Are OK Because They Could Not Get Through On The Telephone There Is More To This Than PlusNet Realise Or Accept.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I've checked the fault report and I can see it's at "Past Point of No Return" as of this morning, which means that an engineer has picked the job up. Fingers crossed the problem is identified and fixed soon.

Also Since PlusNet Plan To Review The Live Chat Which You Asked For Information On And I Provided PlusNet Must Have The 3 Transcripts Of The Live Chats, PlusNet Will Be Able To Provide Copies Of The Transcripts For My Records As Other Companies Do.

At the end of every live chat you're given an option to save the chat, but I appreciate that you may not think to do this. 

When/if we find the live chats I'll be happy to provide you with them.

It's going to take time though because there are no chat references on your account.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

Has This Thread Been Escalated To Complaint Yet?    If Not How Do I Do That?

@Gandalf wrote:

I appreciate what you've said unfortunately however we're simply not able to chase our suppliers within a response time they've given us. While there is nothing stopping us with calling them, the update they'd give us is to wait until after the response time.

PlusNet Should Chase Their Suppliers When You Are Supervising A Switch Over Of Services To Your Company And As I Have Point Out Previously And Added That I Had Good Reason To Say That The Fault Was Manufactured By Whoever Was Changing Over The Broadband Service At The Street Cabinet 16 In Tweed Street 600 Metres In  Cable Length From My Property And Not At The Exchange As PlusNet incorrectly Indicated in One Of PlusNet  Previous Posts. I had A Better Inclination As To What Was Happening Than So Called Experts PlusNet.  If It Is PlusNet Fault For Not Providing The Service Then You Should Hound Your Supplies Into The Ground, To Reverse A Fault They Have Made.  PlusNet Have No Loyalty To Their Customers As This Proves Just Pass Responsibility On Its Not PlusNet It Our Suppliers Cowardly Behaviour By PlusNet Not At All Yorkshire.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I've checked the fault report and I can see it's at "Past Point of No Return" as of this morning, which means that an engineer has picked the job up. Fingers crossed the problem is identified and fixed soon.

PlusNet Keep Apologising It Needs Action, Something Went Very Wrong And You Know Very Well That It Was Not Just Me. ithomson72 Explained To You That He Wished To Change From BT Fibre To ADSL And The Only Options That Came Up Were For Broadband, None For ADSL. A Marketing Ploy To Keep You On More Expensive Fibre. As DS Also There Is No Reason Why My Telephone Line As Was Could Not Have Been Ported Across To ADSL But The PlusNet Operative Insisted It Could Not "REALLY" Was The Extent Of His Help And Fooled OwldChap Into Clicking On "I Don't Have A Phone Number" Which Exacerbated This Whole Saga.  So Has This Thread Been Escalated To Complaint Yet?    If Not How Do I Do That?

At the end of every live chat you're given an option to save the chat, but I appreciate that you may not think to do this. 

If This Is Possible  It Needs To Be Made More Prominent.

When/if we find the live chats I'll be happy to provide you with them.

It's going to take time though because there are no chat references on your account.

You Asked For The Dates I Passed Back That Information, You Know The Person From The Name I Gave In My Private Message To You. PlusNet Is A Tech Company It Should Not Difficult For The Transcripts To Be Found But Then Again PlusNet Have Not Been Proficient In This Case. You Also Wrote In A Previous Post  "I agree with you which is why we'll review the chat and pass feedback on to the agent internally where appropriate." A Very Definite Statement Of Intent, How Exactly Do You Plan To Do That When Now Because I have Asked For The Transcripts You Are Not So Sure AS You Are Now Saying "When/if we find the live chats" So Which Version Is Correct PlusNet Cannot Have It Both Ways So Please Be Specific. I Look Forward To Receiving The Transcripts From PlusNet  

Now The Fault.

I Asked The Engineer (Very Good By The Way) What The Cause Of The Problem Was And As I Have Previously Explained To PlusNet More Than Once That Whoever Was Tasked With The Change Over Of The Broadband Service At Street Cabinet 16 At Tweed St 600 Meters Away Cable Length Connected "The Cable From The Exchange Was Connected To 217 Terminal When It Should Have Been Connected To Terminal 297." So PlusNet Responsibility. It Was Not As PlusNet Maintained An Infrastructure Problem And Most Definitely Not At The Exchange As PlusNet Also Maintained.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quotes fixed to make the post easier to follow.