cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?_2_

OwldChap
Grafter

Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?_2_

Exactly Same Problem, as ithompson72's Post (https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Migrate-from-BT-Fibre-to-Plus-Net-ADSL/m-p/1560731#M325410)

PlusNet Web Site Not Working Correctly.

I Got Some Rubbish On PlusNet Live Chat That BT Will Not Release Current Phone Number Unless I Stay On Fibre.

Marketing Ploy By PlusNet, Ofcom Will Not Be Pleased.

Thank You @Gandalf for your interest

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
85 REPLIES 85
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Migrate from BT Fibre to Plus.Net ADSL?_2_

Hi there.

I'll reply to your private message shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

No Private Message Response Received Yet.

Thanks Any Way.

Not Right Sure About PlusNet.

Misleading Information.

How Do You Find Out When Your PlusNet Internet Has Been Switched So You Know You Can Connect Your Router If You Have No Internet, Hum. Do Not Mention Mobile Don't use them.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the delayed response. I’m out of the office this weekend but that said I’ve dropped you a reply now.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@OwldChap wrote:

How Do You Find Out When Your PlusNet Internet Has Been Switched So You Know You Can Connect Your Router If You Have No Internet, Hum. Do Not Mention Mobile Don't use them.   

Good question @OwldChap, I think PN (and perhaps most ISPs) inform you by email and text.  If you've been given a confirmed connection date, plug your router in after midnight on that day, or the next morning if you don't fancy staying up late.  I suppose CS will be able to tell you whether you've been connected if you call them just before they go home on the day.

OwldChap
Grafter

As I Explained In My Message.

I was in live chat with ******** and explained I was trying to move from BT Fibre to PlusNet ADSL I am a pensioner only use Internet for browsing. I explained to [CSA Removed] that each time I filled in the Post Code Phone Number And Address in Start Your Order the only option that came up were PlusNet Fibre Options (No PlusNet ADSL Options Were Available As Per ithompson72's Post ) He told me “As Your Line Is Associated With Fibre Broadband So BT Will Not Release Your Telephone Number And I Would Need To Stay With Fibre Broadband. The Only Way To Get ADSL Would Be To Relinquish My Current Phone Number By Clicking On The I Don't Have A Number.” (Which is why I have had an Email from PlusNet informing me of My New Telephone Number.) During This Processes ******** Was Grossly Misleading When He Wrote On Live Chat “I Can See ADSL In your My Basket.” Untrue as I was only in the initial stages of the processes and no options had come up at that time. Not A Very Good Introduction To PlusNet. Will Be Informing Ofcom Of PlusNet Conduct.

So @Gandalf It To Late, You Do Not Need To Do Anything The Process Has Gone Through As Specifically Instructed On Live Chat I Clicked On  "I Don't Have A Number" And Gave Up My Current Telephone Number In Order To Switch To ADSL. The Phone Line Is Being Switched On Monday With The New Telephone Number As Stated In PlusNet Email To Me (Against Ofcom Code Of Conduct). The Broadband Is Being Switched On Tuesday As Stated  In A Further PlusNet Email To Me).

Thank You For Your Interest.  

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification.
Mind PMing me your telephone number?

[edit]
I’d like to investigate this further and will ensure feedback is passed on accordingly where appropriate. Having your telephone number will help me figure out why the signup process didn’t accept it, and see if there’s anything we can do to get it back.
Thanks.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

So @Gandalf It To Late, You Do Not Need To Do Anything The Process Has Gone Through As Specifically Instructed On Live Chat I Clicked On  "I Don't Have A Number" And Gave Up My Current Telephone Number In Order To Switch To ADSL. The Phone Line Is Being Switched On Monday With The New Telephone Number As Stated In PlusNet Email To Me (Against Ofcom Code Of Conduct). The Broadband Is Being Switched On Tuesday As Stated  In A Further PlusNet Email To Me).

As Stated Above It Is To Late Arrangement Already In  Motion That Have Inform All Of The Impending Change Of Replacement Telephone Number Issued By PlusNet.

Thank You For Your Interest.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

While I understand what you've said, I'd like to see if there's anything I can do to get your old number back, renumbering your line after the order completes, and investigate why you weren't able to place the order using your own telephone number.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

@Gandalf

You Are Seriously Suggesting that You Are Going To Try To Retrieve The Telephone Number That PlusNet Have Replaced When I Have Explained That I Have Already Informed The Very Many Contacts And Organisations Of The Change In Phone Number Tomorrow. Does Not Make Sense To Me As I Will Have To Go Through The Whole Thing Again To Revert Back To Square One.Screen Shot 08-12-18 at 04.05 PM.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries. I'm just offering help if you would like your original number back.

FYI you won't need to go back to square one if you would like us to renumber your line. Assuming the number first originated on the BT network we should be able to renumber your line within 1 working day.

However, if you're happy with the new number as you've notified people of this already then I appreciate that.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

The simple truth is I was Not Given Any Option At The Time Of The Order By The Online Chat Person ********. When I told them that there should be no reason why I could port my telephone number all I got was the answer "Really". It is to late to go back now as I have informed all contacts of the replacement telephone number.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I wouldn't have informed anyone of a number change until you are certain that it is actually correct, who knows what PlusNet or BT might do to your line. Let's hope you get the number you expect.Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Do you remember when you contacted us via live chat?

It'll help narrow our search down.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
OwldChap
Grafter

Gandalf Wrote On Another Thread:- “Having a look into this now that I'm back in the office, for you it appears that your telephone number was still associated with an old account so it may have caused problems with the sign up journey.”

If this is so then it should have made the sign up journey easier not harder (as it would have been associated with ADSL), so there is something Defiantly Amiss With Your System as some one else has had the same problem but had the sense to realise that a tech company having problem like this may not be the best choice and decided not not to continue with the change.

RealAleMadrid:- If a company is marketing ISP services I expect them to have some expertise in the field they are active in as this is partly what you are paying for, especially when they are marketing their products to me I do not expect them to try mislead me that I need to stay on the more expensive fibre system to retain my phone number. I was instructed on live chat that if I wanted to move to ADSL I would have to click on “I Don’t Have A Phone Number” I did have the email (above) that confirmed the number would be changed.

@Gandalf I contacted PlusNet on Live Cat on the 29/07/18 to ask if it was possible to change from BT Fibre To PlusNet ADSL as I was only being offered Fibre Options, not very helpful. Coincidentally the same person I would contact again. I again contacted PlusNet on Live Cat on the 30/07/18 which is when I was told that because my number was with Fibre Broadband I would not be able to keep my Telephone number, to which I replied I will have to complain to BT.

I complained to BT to which they replied:-

BT Retail cannot block you transferring your number to another provider. Your new provider arranges the transfer for you as you are still on the Openreach network and BT Retail do not own the numbers Openreach do. If you check the transfer process on the OFCOM website (How do i switch) it does say "You can keep your existing landline telephone number when you switch if you want to. This is known as number 'porting'. If you want to keep your number, let the provider you wish to switch to know."

I again contacted PlusNet on Live Cat on the 30/07/18 (As Per The Date On The Email Above) again the same person’s name. The simple truth is I was Not Given Any Option At The Time Of The Order By The Online Chat Person ********. When I told ******** that there should be no reason why I could port my telephone number all I got was the answer "REALLY". I was instructed on live chat that if I wanted to move to ADSL I would have to click on “I Don’t Have A Phone Number” which resulted in the change of telephone number.