cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major delays in my order being completed. Is this normal?

Pmansfield91
Hooked

Major delays in my order being completed. Is this normal?

Im afraid this post is both part complaint, and part hoping for some clarity, as it's now been 7 weeks since we moved with no clear end in sight.

Me and my partner moved into our new house on June 22nd, with a provisional setup date on June 27th for our fibre order. We have however never even got a dial tone from our line. This was pushed back to July 2nd without us being properly informed, but no big deal really. Engineer availability and all.
After the third engineer didnt show up several days later, I got onto the case to see what was taking its time. This then turned into a game of back and forth between the provisioning department sending the issue to faults, then faults sending it back with no one really ever doing anything about it.
This eventually got looked at by someone late July, who informed me that we were essentually still at square one with the work. As on July 17th, an openreach engineer had identified a fault under the exchange box that required a dig team to come out.
The last we've now heard however, is that instead of digging, they're now performing a pair divert on the line (we have seen engineers out at the other box this week) but still with absolutely no idea if or when anything will be done.

Is this usual for an order to be full of so much miscommunication that the only updates I seem to get are when I ring up? It just seems to me like we're just being led from update to update with no real information ever being given. I'm meant to be receiving a review for the pair divert work tomorrow, but once again I'm being told they don't even know what's being done.
7 weeks is a fairly long time when you both use the net for work. I'm just looking at little clarity as to whether or not this is a typical experience of a house move with plusnet?
11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Major delays in my order being completed. Is this normal?

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you're having with moving your services to your new address, and to see how this is being handled.

Reading through the engineer notes on the fault report with our suppliers, it looks like your house move order was completed prematurely before any of the external work had taken place.

When we reported the fault, engineers went out there and found out that there was no line plant. Unfortunately the amount of work that needed to be done can't be done on the back of a fault so our suppliers had to cease the service and reprovision it.

That said, cease and reprovides where engineers have requested them are almost always classed as Faults still, as we wouldn't be doing the legwork of ceasing and reproviding, it'd be passed to our suppliers cease and reprovide team.

Apologies that you've been passed between our provisioning and faults teams.

Going through the cease and reprovide process, there's 3 main stages; the connection is ceased on the Openreach systems, then it's ceased on the BT systems and then a new provide order is placed and expedited.

Unfortunately when the provide order was placed and expedited, it got stuck within the Openreach systems which required manual intervention from a back-end team to resolve. 

As of now we're essentially just waiting for the external work to complete and don't know much more than what you know.

I appreciate the most frustrating part is probably being in the dark with the lack of timely updates, so I've moved ticket 177974770 on your account to my teams workflow so we can take ownership of this for you.

I'd just like to say that this absolutely isn't what we'd expect for a house move, and I'm sorry that there's been a lot of problems on this occasion.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Sadly it a job falls to BTOR’s “significant” works team, it can take a “significant” amount of time an communication back for BTOR can be appalling.

@Gandalf - has this case been escalated with BTOR management?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not from what I can see, so I've done that now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pmansfield91
Hooked

Many thanks for the clarification on this. We're certainly hoping to Atleast hear something by the end of today given that the work on the pair divert was to be reviewed today.
Though we've seen no sign of anyone out on site for several days.

As before, all I can do is await the next update and hope it contains a little more information than normal. Though we've given up crossing our fingers at this stage!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. Our suppliers accepted the escalation and found out that Openreach have advised that the external line plant work is still in progress and to review back on the 17th August. I've requested the escalation to be looked at Team Leader level and for them to find out from Openreach exactly why it's delayed again.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pmansfield91
Hooked

Ah, so we're easily looking at over 2 months of waiting in total then. Hopefully they come back with the reasoning sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for getting back about it, even if it wasn't exactly good news Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, we're essentially at now what should've happened before the order completed. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too much longer.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pmansfield91
Hooked

Well I'd really hoped I didn't have to add any more replies to this, but this has now been going on for 9 weeks and I still don't have any connection nor do I feel like we're any closer to getting a real answer.

The update I've been given today (which is now 3 updates on from my last post) is a worryingly vague "no update. We'll check tomorrow" which is the same type of response that got me stuck waiting between departments in the first place.

I understand that this isn't on plusnet end and that we're waiting for openreach, but as we're now nearing 10 weeks since the order was placed and I still don't know what we're really waiting for other than "line work", i must be honest and say that I'm beginning to regret my choice for this home move.
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Pmansfield91

Really sorry you are still awaiting an update. Unfortunately we can only relay the information that we are been giving by Openreach. We will keep an eye on this for you and chase an update tomorrow. Hopefully the work has been completed by then.

Pmansfield91
Hooked

I appreciate that, and thank you for the quick response. I feel like the main point of annoyance is that we still don't actually know exactly what work is being done at present, and what that leaves to be done afterwards.
For all we know there's another couple of weeks of waiting after this current work is done.
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Pmansfield91

I can certainly understand your frustration, and fingers crossed tomorrow we can give you a more definitive date.