cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISLEADING OFFER?

monstereyebrow1

MISLEADING OFFER?

Hi all

I took this offer up in Febuary 2019 could you forum members kindly have a look and inform me what  offer I signed up to from the confirmation email I received? I have copied and pasted it below: I would like an impartial view on what is included in the contract for how long and at what cost. Many Thanks for replying

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:    Broadband package:

• Unlimited Fibre  

• Phone package: Line Only  

• Contract: 18 months  

• Hardware: Plusnet wireless router

This will change over on 21st February 2019 and your new cost per month will be £11.00.

Great news, you're on a fixed price contract! That means the cost of your broadband and line rental won't go up while you're in contract. We'll send you an end of contract reminder, and offer an account review too, to make sure you're still on the right package for you.

6 REPLIES 6
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: MISLEADING OFFER?

It is obviously a broadband for £11 offer, not including the line charge.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I'm sure that this is what is intended but you have to admit that 'line only' indicates that the line is included.

If it said 'line provided by a third party' then it would be clear what it means.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I think it is very ambiguous.

Line only appears to me to say that there is no call package included, but the line rental is included.

The "Great news..." paragraph states that "the cost of your broadband and line rental won't go up while you're in contract." - again, this suggests to me that line rental is included.

My only question is did you have Line Rental Saver (LRS) in place when you placed the order? If so, then the price quoted may well exclude line rental. If I recall that was how an offer was sent to me last year when I had LRS in place - the offer price then was for the fibre package only. I rang up Plusnet just to clarify what was on offer before I decided what to do.

monstereyebrow1

I did have LRS however when I took out the new contract I was sure it read inclusive of line rental otherwise I would not have taken it. The email I received for me confirmed that it included the line rental but not calls for period og 18 months as seen in the email I posted?

Thanks for the replies
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

To be honest a quick look around competitive offers will show that £11 per month for line rental and fibre broadband falls within the bounds of 'if it sounds to good to be true it most probably is'.

However I agree that the email suggests that this is the price. It would be nice if Plusnet honoured such a deal as the cost of learning to make offers clear and unambiguous in the future.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@monstereyebrow1 Did you not get a very detailed Question/Answer that you could view whne the offer was made?