cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of problems switching from John Lewis to Plusnet

David_

Lots of problems switching from John Lewis to Plusnet

Hi there

I signed up for Plusnet on the 22nd Jan. After an inexplicable mixup between Plusnet and John Lewis that stalled the process until I asked what was going on, I thought everything was sorted and my Plusnet contract began on the 22nd Feb. But my account has not been cancelled with my previous provider, John Lewis. I still have an account with them and they are still charging me for fibre broadband.

John Lewis should have been informed by Plusnet, as part of the switching process. I don't understand why this hasn't been done yet.

2 REPLIES 2
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Lots of problems switching from John Lewis to Plusnet

@David_ 

John Lewis broadband is administered by Plusnet. Therefore I suspect you have fallen foul of the infamous Plusnet  billing and admin systems.

You are correct in that Plusnet should have told their John Lewis side that your broadband had moved over to them and you need a Plusnet staffer to pick this up and sort it out.

David_

Re: Lots of problems switching from John Lewis to Plusnet

Thanks for the reply, @jgbI hope a staff member responds to this post soon. I might prod them on Twitter later.

Yesterday both my Plusnet and John Lewis account dashboards said "you cannot make changes while your account is being updated" or something to that effect. It got my hopes up! But today they're both back to normal, and I still have Fibre Extra Broadband with John Lewis and Plusnet simultaneously.