cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of telephone service and failure to switch, now over 4 weeks - Isolated 83yr old

FIXED
barclayjiow

Loss of telephone service and failure to switch, now over 4 weeks - Isolated 83yr old

Anyone?

Very frustrating process of switching my 83yr mother from EE to Plusnet for phone and broadband.

Order placed 8Feb 21,

Acknowledged and all seemed good with Farewell email from EE + welcome letter from Plusnet.

Next event - phone line cutoff

Now chasing through Order team (question 211168732) on weekly basis and no urgency or real interest from them. Confirmed that something has gone wrong but explanation has made no sense nor have the trickle of emails referring to various technical abbreviations 

SMPF order. The order is not committed and the CCD (Customer Committed Date) has not been confirmed and this is why the KCI2 message has not been sent yet. Routings form wise raised.

Apparently there is no way to expedite or escalate anything so my mother remains isolated during lockdown with no phone service. Only redeeming feature is her broadband has remained connected however quite sure this will bite her later and anticipating poor value (ie expensive) bill from EE in due course. 

Great, wish we'd never started this.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Loss of telephone service and failure to switch, now over 4 weeks - Isolated 83yr old

Thanks for your post @barclayjiow 

I'm really sorry to see your elderly mother's phone has stopped working during the transfer.

I'm looking into this and I'll provide an update today once I've chased this up with our suppliers. In the meantime, could you drop me a private message Here if your mother has a careline pendant and/or medical conditions (with some detail if she does)? This will allow me to review raising an emergency welfare case with Openreach. 

If that's the case, I'd also recommend filling out our additional support form Here so we can make sure we're proactively offering the best support we can, including priority fault repair.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
barclayjiow

Re: Loss of telephone service and failure to switch, now over 4 weeks - Isolated 83yr old

Gandalf, truly a wizard able to work magic like no-one else!

Thank you with all my heart.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Cheers for the post back @barclayjiow 

Awesome! Perfect. 

No problem at all, admittedly I was a bit surprised by the turn of events and that the phone was reactivated so quickly but I'm glad of the outcome. Apologies again that the investigation I've taken today hadn't been carried out sooner.

I'll be back in touch with updates on getting her broadband transferred from EE and phone number back as well.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
barclayjiow

This man is awesome!

It took time but he has completely smashed it with integrity and personal ownership throughout.

Plusnet don't know how lucky they are to have you on board and show hold you up as an example of how to provide proper first class customer care.

Thank you again for all you perseverance for my mother, who is now able to contact me far too regularly again! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@barclayjiow thanks for the amazing feedback Thumbs_Up 

No problem at all, I'm happy to help in absolutely any way I can to get something resolved. Personally I find the more complex challenging cases the better although I appreciate the issue shouldn't had arisen in the first place.

Fingers crossed there are no further issues but feel free to message me if there are. Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet