cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing the will to live over my fibre extra order

porter37

Losing the will to live over my fibre extra order

Putting aside the fact that PlusNet forgot to send out the router for our new service (upgrade) and the many problems we had in the months before this - all down to the old router apparently. 

Is anyone else having delays in a switch over from broadband to fibre extra? There is a lack of comms from PlusNet and I am very frustrated. The service was meant to start 1/11/18 - the old service was switched off, the 'forgotten' router arrived, the service resumed. It was no faster. I found out we were still on old service (why was it even switched off if fibre extra wasn't ready?)

I was told there was a delay in fibre extra because of a change to billing systems. Surely this should affect everyone yet I come on here and people are upgrading without problem. I can only surmise this is a local issue to me but I'm not being told the full story.

I have raised a ticket to ask for a check on my line (still numerous drops) and an update to the order - but no response its 5 days now.

Is anyone else having a problem? What is the cause? When will it be resolved ie. when will I be switched over? I need to know because its over a month ago now and still no proper info from PlusNet.

3 REPLIES 3
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Losing the will to live over my fibre extra order

Lots of people are having problems. Plusnet changed their billing system on 1st September, and there are problems with it. Some upgrades have become "stuck" in the system, where they can't cancel accounts, can't properly create new ones etc. I changed from a residential ADSL to business ADSL in October. They can't raise invoices for the new account, and they haven't managed to produce a final bill and close the old residential account. It has to be fixed by the billing team, so the support guys can only open a ticket and wait (and wait, and wait..).

Good luck.

porter37

Thanks for the response, hopefully a member of PlusNet staff can help to escalate it before I throw in the towel.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @porter37, I am very sorry for the issues you have faced.

I have taken a look at the account and provided further information here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team