Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for news about my Fibre upgrade

FIXED
carlcaulkett
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Looking for news about my Fibre upgrade

Hello, I have recently upgraded my broadband to the 38Mb Fibre Optic package. I have received the new router and I am just waing for the nod to go ahead and connect it up. I believe that 1st February might be the date that something is supposed to happen, but could any passing Plusnet folk have a quick check and find out for me? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Looking for news about my Fibre upgrade

Fix

Whilst I'm in the neighborhood I might as well drop in here. Smiley

Your fibre order is due to activate on the 7th, it was delayed due to engineer availability.

You'll receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning advising the product change is complete, but I'd expect the work to be carried out during normal business hours.

If you want to setup your new router beforehand you can do as it'll work on ADSL too. That way when the upgrade happens your connection will drop for about an hour as the work happens and when it comes back up you'll be on fibre!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HeadFullOfWool1
Dabbler

That's great info to relay manually to the customer... but why don't PlusNet automate that information chain through to our order tracking?  To keep the customer informed about the true status of their order progress (or lack of it with a brief explanation).

I'm also pending a upgrade from ADSL to VDSL, with the last message from PlusNet being "..this will occur on the 2nd Feb..." but nothing doing, and no further info to update me as to what is happening or why.

Why should we have to manually chase the status of an order, to then have the help team go manually look something up, to then translate that manually over into a reply to a forum post?  It's a crazy waste of time!

I've been with PlusNet continually for 13+ years and during that time I've switched packages using the website system several times.  This is the first time it's involved a change of "protocol" on the line though (thus the 3rd-party OpenReach involved), but if there's a method for PlusNet help team to find out what's happening, surely a smart connection can be made through to the user's account with the order to provide better tracking somehow?

Rather than leaving us in "information limbo" about our connection changes?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@HeadFullOfWool1 Sorry to hear that.

From what I can see your now on fibre?

Let us know if you're having issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

My fibre optic broadband service is supposed to be connected today. I have receieved the attached email early this morning.

Previous instructions on this forum had indicated that all I had to do to get the new service, was to wait when the service temporarily went down, until it resumed with the new service operating. The email, however, could be interpreted as suggesting that I need to carry out actions such as reconnecting to my broadband before I can get going again.

I 'm confused. Do I need to do anything myself, or is it just a case of waiting? 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from the attachment(s) in a public forum.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@carlcaulkett Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We change your account over early so you should see the higher speeds once the works carried out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

I spoke too soon. It looks like my broadband has just been upgraded! I've just down a speedcheck and got a reading of 19.94 Mb/s down 8.78 Mb/s up. This is a definite improvment, but when can I expect to see figures close to the advertised 38Mb/s? #neversatisfied

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Was that over a wired or wireless connection?

Our tests show your connected at the full rate as shown below

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-02-07T12:49:35.634+00:00 2018-02-07T13:04:35.634+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 1 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

That was a wireless connection. Would it make so much difference? Is there anything I can do to improve speeds?

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Just got 27.71 Mb/s down and 9.03 Mb/s up. It's getting better all the time 🎼

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

There's numerous things that can affect wireless so we always advise trying a wired connection if possible.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team