cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Delay before start of Service

SarahM1

Long Delay before start of Service

I signed up to Plusnet on the 23rd July, before moving into a new house (I did this deliberately so there would only be a short delay before my service was activated!) and based on the information on the website I was under the impression that my service (both phone and broadband) would be activated around 10 days after I signed up and the money for my first bill was taken from my account on the 25th July.

My phone line was connected on the 8th Aug (which is fine, but I have no use for this and was forced to buy line rental in order to get fiber broadband which is all I really wanted), but I have just been informed that my broadband will not be activated until the 28th August - more than a month after I signed up and nearly three weeks after the phone line was activated. As both my husband and I work from home regularly this delay is going to cost us a fortune in mobile data charges. 

While I understand that activation is dependent on the availability of engineers and that when I signed up activation dates were not guaranteed etc etc,  surely a delay of this length is not acceptable, or at the very least should have been communicated better when I signed up? Had I been aware that this was the case I would most likely have not signed up.

I have been in contact to try and get this date moved forward but told that this was not possible. At this point is there anything else I can do to get my service activated sooner, or at least receive some reimbursement for the extra mobile data I will have to buy in order to continue to work during this delay.

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Long Delay before start of Service

Hi @SarahM1, thanks for getting in touch on our forums.

I'm very sorry to hear that your Broadband service is going to be activated later than expected, I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do to bring this forward.

I can see that when the order was placed, the soonest date (within standard lead times) was requested. At the point the orders are placed I'm afraid we aren't able to pre-empt when the order will be completed or any delays that can occur. Once the order is placed with our suppliers, it is within the 24-48 hours following that we are then updated with a committed date for the order based on the earliest availability.

I'm afraid that we wouldn't look to reimburse any mobile data that you choose to purchase in the meantime as ultimately we can't give a set guarantee on Broadband orders completing on the requested date.

If you do have any further queries in the meantime however, please do let us know and we would be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team