Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Date

alderson180
Grafter

Live Date

Hi,

My order was delayed but I've received the router now.

The go live date is today but I haven't had confirmation yet, is it all ready to go?

39 REPLIES 39
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Live Date

Hi there.

From what we can see the order is complete and everything should be working.

Do you have the router connected up at the moment?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
alderson180
Grafter

Yeah, I could connect to the router but not the internet.

Called and went through all the options but it's a faulty router apparently, so waiting for a new one now.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @alderson180,

Thanks for getting back to us. I can see we have dispatched this for you, can you let us know how you get on when you receive it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
alderson180
Grafter

Hi,

The new router had exactly the same issues even after more troubleshooting & tests, so an engineer is due to visit on Friday.

However, there's now yet another problem with the order. I received an email telling me I was moving my landline away from Plusnet and a charge of over £200 was applicable...obviously I've made no such request or received anything at all from TalkTalk.

I mentioned this on the phone who told me to speak to  TalkTalk, who have told me to alert you (again...). 

This was the chat transcript:

Alex: Hi

Imelda: Good afternoon, Alex. You are currently through to Imelda from the Customer Service and Billing Team of TalkTalk Live Chat. How's your day so far?

Alex: Good thanks, I recently moved home and completed a broadband/landline order with Plusnet
Alex: However, they have just received a request from TalkTalk to take the line over
Alex: I'm not sure who made this request but it needs cancelling

Imelda:Thank you for reaching out to us about this.

Imelda: Just to confirm, you have no active account with us?

Alex: No, none at all, I only moved in a month ago
Alex: Hello?

Imelda: I see. With this, I suggest to inform Plusnet about this as they will be the one to get in touch with us, Alex.

Alex: I have informed them, they told me to cancel it with you

Imelda: I see. Can you please provide me any reference so that I can check if I will be able to pull up an account? Can I have your full name and post code?

Alex: I only have my own details
Alex: Name is Alex *** and post code is *** ***

Imelda: Thank you.

Imelda: I've checked here on my end, however, I was not able to pull up any account to be of reference for an account. In our case, if the active account will be taken over by another provider, we are the one who will get in touch with the new provider about taking over the line.

Alex: I don't have an account....all I know is Plusnet have taken & processed my order and now TalkTalk are taking over from 1st November
Alex: This is for 1**********

Imelda: Thank you for the information.  

Imelda: May I ask if this address  you provided is an apartment?

Alex: Yes, it's a flat

Imelda: I see. I'm afraid that one of your neighbor on the same area process a request from TalkTalk to take the line over. I suggest to identify your neighbor who processed that, Alex.

Alex: Well they'll receive the wrong order wont they?Huh
Alex: Can't you contact them and change it?

Imelda: I truly understand your concern, Alex. I'm afraid we are not able to contact them to make changes.

Alex: So you'll take over my phoneline regardless of it being totally wrong?

Imelda: I completely understand how you feel, Alex. However, we have no facility to check and identify the one who placed an order to take over the line, Alex.  

Alex: So you can't stop it then and you'll continue with the order?

Imelda: I suggest that you can coordinate with Plusnet to have that notification to take over the line be cancelled. In our case, if we receive notification that another provider will take over the line, we are able to cancel that take over.

-------------

This whole situation is getting a bit ridiculous now.

I've ordered and paid a month ago, and now I have two companies messing me around both ways for a service I haven't even got yet.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

alderson180
Grafter

I'm still waiting for more information on this order, placed well over a month ago now.

An engineer was sent last Friday but was unable to solve the issue as he needed access to an empty shop a few doors down.

All I've heard since is that another engineer needs to visit, but I don't know what's changed since Friday or if it's just a waste of time?

The agency managing the property have said they can look into gaining access but I don't even know if this is still necessary?

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @alderson180,

The fault report is still open with our suppliers and the last note we received contained a contact number for the estate agent that the next engineer needs to contact to gain access to the shop.

As there is still no connection I'm afraid this visit is still required. If you could kindly provide your time-slots via this ticket and let us know when you have so we can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
alderson180
Grafter

So on the next visit they'll have access to the shop and be able to install the line?

alderson180
Grafter

I now have an appointment booked but is there any way I can contact the engineers?

I've had contact from the landlords of the empty shop and they've told me the engineer can collect the keys from one of their offices on the day (6th November).

I'm also unsure whether they have contacted the empty property directly.

My landlord is also asking (in simple terms) why exactly all of this needs to be done as I have no idea?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@alderson180,

We can request the engineer contact you, or another party, before the visit, but until the appointment slot it's difficult to obtain the engineers contact details and even then Openreach can be funny providing them, if they do at all. 

You, or someone else will need to be at this shop on the engineer date to allow access. They will not go to a different location to obtain keys and let themselves into the premises unaccompanied. The job will fail and you will get charged. This means you will need to collect the keys from the landlords to allow access on the day and return them as required. 

Unfortunately, the previous visit has determined that there's a cable break about 16 metres from the NTE as the line has never worked they need to make sure any repairs that are done then allow a connected line to the property. 

alderson180
Grafter

I have booked an appointment slot, I booked it yesterday at for between 1pm-6pm 6th November so I'm not sure why you aren't already aware of this?

And I have no idea why you're giving me grief and threatening charges when absolutely none of this is my fault. I'm trying to be as helpful as possible by contacting other landlords, organising even more time of work and trying to get in touch with the engineers to make sure everything goes to plan.

I'll pass this message on but quite frankly I don't appreciate these kind of threats.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

We have to advise all customers of the potential charge regardless of circumstance.

I can assure you it isn't a threat

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
alderson180
Grafter

I'm aware of that, I accepted those terms when booking the visit, so don't see why it was thrown at me like that again when I'm trying to sort this out.

The landlord who owns the empty shop won't just hand the keys over to me, but they will to the agency who run my property. They are willing to drive over with the keys to let the engineer in so I really need to get some kind of direct contact to resolve this as they can't wait around for five hours.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid it's not possible for you to contact the engineer directly.

If you can PM me the agency's number I can add it to the engineer's instructions to call them when they're on their way

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
alderson180
Grafter

This is beyond laughable now.

After the second engineer visit yesterday you messed up yet again by reporting it as a fault rather than a new line needed. So yet another visit is needed and I have to get even more time off work.

You also phoned after this visit, put me on hold for 15 minutes then promised a call back which never happened.

Now...this morning I've just been informed my service is yet again "fixed"...

1. You're testing the wrong property

2. Actually read the engineers notes (THERE IS NO PHONE LINE!)

3. Don't even think about billing me next week

THREE different engineers have confirmed this yet you are still too thick to realise it's in the wrong property. He even stayed behind yesterday and told you this directly on the phone.

You've also cancelled the broadband in the property below, resulting in a £200 charge for the owner which is also a business. This is after I told you multiple times about communication with TalkTalk taking over the line, so how did you not realise this?

Absolutely pathetic.