cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line installed but order delayed?

Jadeegray

Line installed but order delayed?

An engineer came to my property today to install the line for broadband (not fiber) and said that the line is ready but there was an issue (I didn't catch the specifics but now wish I did). Just received a text to say the phone line order is delayed. Does anyone have any idea how long this delay will be or why it has been delayed?

Thanks!
Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Line installed but order delayed?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Jadeegray and welcome to our community forums.

I'm sorry for the delay with your order. From what I can see the engineer notes we've received advises that the line between the exchange and the pole is faulty so they've passed this to another engineer with the right skilset to investigate further. Due to engineer availability they're scheduled to go out on the 7th June.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jadeegray

Thank you very much for your reply! It's really appreciated. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Jadeegray let us know if there are any further issues 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jadeegray

@Gandalf Unfortunately, having had 3 engineers coming out now with a final confirmation that the line is working and an email from Plusnet saying my broadband is ready to use, my router is showing a flashing broadband light and no internet light!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Jadeegray 

From what I can see you've had a sporadic brief connection last night and this morning as pictured below

Line tests aren't showing the cause for this though so I'd recommend going through some troubleshooting steps explained Here and if you're still having issues, please raise a fault ticket at faults.plus.net posting back afterwards so we can arrange an engineer visit with you to investigate further.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Gandalf 

That link does not exist any more!  I suspect that your "boiler-plate" response text might be out of date - I had better check mine!

@Jadeegray  - this would be a good start...

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman Link still exists but there's a stray %60 at the end of the website address

@Jadeegray That link should be https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet