Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line activation

FIXED
AlanH1
Hooked

Line activation

Hello, 

I just had a notification telling me my phone line has been activated, does this mean my broadband is also ready to use?

Thanks

Al

9 REPLIES 9
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Line activation

Fix

Hi there, first of all a warm welcome to the community forums.

I can confirm your fibre order is still on track for today.

You'll receive a seperate automated email once it's ready to use.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
kaledis
Hooked

And yet I am still waiting and not being told why...

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

It can happen any time up to midnight, although usually happens before then. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@kaledis - It looks like there's a delay with your order due to an open exception on our suppliers systems. We're working to get this resolved ASAP. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
kaledis
Hooked

That's my point, what does 'open exception' actually mean in real world terms? Is it damaged cabling? engineer availability to send to the cabinet to connect the wires? Problems with supplying a service because of a previous tenant? 

And if I contacted support on 18th, why was a told that I wouldn't get an update until the 23rd? a further 5 days later? 

This is just absolutely ridiculous. 

OP sorry for hijacking your thread.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's essentially a system problem, that your order is stuck within our suppliers system.

kaledis
Hooked

But I still have to wait until Thursday to find out when I might actually get activated, if ever?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That's the lead time we've been given by our suppliers I'm afraid.

kaledis
Hooked

So if I get to Thursday (20 days after I placed the order) and I am told that I have to wait till god knows when. Will I be able to cancel my order?

an over 20 day wait to get internet is completely unacceptable.