cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Cease: Next Steps

ag125

Line Cease: Next Steps

I've been told that there's a cease on my line that is due to clear today?

1. What are the next steps?
  2. Do I need to do anything?
  3. Is there anything I can do to move things along?
  4. Since the cease will lift today, when will the broadband be activated?

This is important as I often work from home and cannot do this until my line is up and running.

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Line Cease: Next Steps

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there and welcome to the community forums.

It looks like we've placed an order to reactivate the ceased line which should complete tomorrow. From there we'll place your broadband order and we'll let you know when your service will activate.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ag125

Hang on, so you need to re-order it!!? I'm guessing this could take another 2 weeks? I have a letter in my hand saying I'll have received a router a few days before my line goes live and I assumed that the line going live meant broadband going live.

I haven't received a router yet but luckily I do have a plusnet router from my old house. Can I use this now with new connection details?

I need a firm activation date otherwise I'm going to have to cancel and look elsewhere as this is now affecting my ability to work.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As the current provider of your address took the decision to cease the line they're providing instead of allowing us to takeover an active service, the quickest way to provide you with a service is to reactivate the line then place broadband on it.

We'll post out your router when we've placed the broadband order. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there.

I'm just following up here for you. Upon checking your account I can see your fibre order is due to complete tomorrow.

Can you let us know how it goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet