cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lies,excuses and apologies but no internet connection.

KGillespie
Dabbler

Lies,excuses and apologies but no internet connection.

Ordered on the 23th November.

Letter from  talk talk saying service will cease on 7th December.

No router on 7th December so I phoned up customer services and was told router not posted because Talktalk hadn’t released the number,but would post that day and sent me a text to say it had been posted.

Plusnet needed to ask openreach to have Talktalk release phone number.

Was emailed on 10th and told to ask Talktalk to activate the number because it was showing as “stopped” and needed to be active and working to transfer to Plusnet.

Webchat with Talktalk informed me the number ( which I’ve had for 48 years,YES,years) has been given to another customer,and wouldn’t have been compatible with Plusnet system.

Phoned Plusnet and go through to a broadband tech for some reason who gave me Provisions phone number.

Phoned provisions last evening 10th and very helpful guy (seemingly) said he couldn’t see a problem and there and then said he had ported the number onto Plusnets system and would make sure that the order progressed.

i was phoned today11th December and informed that the order was being processed and that I would be kept informed by email and text of the progression.

Received a text  and email in the afternoon to say an engineer had been booked for the 28th December (over 2 weeks away) and listed a new phone number,NOT my original number at all.

Everyone I have spoken to has given me profuse apologies and said the will sort it out,but I have had nothing but grief,no internet other than my phone data,and instead of Plusnets stated fact that it would take no more than 15 days I will be waiting more like 35 days a and that’s if I can believe that the current information I have got is true.

So very sorry I decide to move to Plusnet on the strength of their brilliant mobile service.

I will never recommend Plusnet to anyone.

24 REPLIES 24
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Lies,excuses and apologies but no internet connection.

Hi @KGillespie thank you for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced retaining your number and for the delays with your service. I have responded to your post further here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get back to me.

KGillespie
Dabbler

I have added comments to your message,please take the time and care to read it properly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the experience you've had.

From what I can see your line was ceased which looks to be by the current provider of the line before our order completed, which resulted in our order cancelling with the message: " Customer has no service with losing operator"

I've read your reply and I can confirm that we've replaced the order and this is due to complete on the 28/12/18 with the appointment between 8am and 1pm. It's possible the text message you've received was referring to 29/12/2018 at 00:00:00 though I feel it's easier to think of it as 28/12/2018 23:59:59.

As your telephone number is ceased it's gone back to the rangeholder, which is whoever's network the number was originally made on.

Fortunately this is BT so we should be able to simply pick it up and renumber your line once the line is provisioned. While we'll do our very best, due to the way renumbering a line works we can't guarantee this will be 100% successful.

I've moved the support ticket on your account to my teams workflow so we can take ownership of this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@KGillespie did you cease your service with TT?

I am keen to workout how some of these orders go wrong - is a PN mistake - have TT been naughty - have you possibly not followed the optimal process? 

Any more detail you can add will help, you and others in the futures, but at least you now have @Gandalfon your side to help you get sorted.

KGillespie
Dabbler

Hi Mustrum,

My problems are definitely caused by Plusnet.

In the first instance i would assume Plusnet told Talktalk that they were taking me over.

BUT Plusnet didn’t pay any more attention to the order,and took no action at all until I enquired as to why my router hadn’t  arrived by the day which Talktalk had informed me my service with them would cease (7th December)

Plusnet  blamed talk talk by saying TT had not released the number and the order was rejected by Plusnet supplier.

if Plusnet had a clear process monitored by a individual who took care to see that the whole order was progressing in a timely fashion then the lack of number transfer would have been flagged up.

Personally I don’t believe a word of Plusnet’s version of events,I think they more or less deliberately let time go by till the poor fool new customer (me in this case) has his/her broadband supply ended and then Plusnet can take their time arranging engineer visits at their leasure,regardless of the fact that said new cluster is without broadband for weeks.

My next concern is when Plusnet decide to take some more money by direct debit.

I hope the above can help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Reviewing the order from when it was placed on the 23/11/2018 to when it failed on the 07/12/2018, we never got a committed date, which is unusual as we'd normally receive this within a few days of an order being placed.

While I agree that we could've picked your order up sooner during its journey, and it's fair to say that had we chased this up with our suppliers, we may have been able to change future events, I'm not actually entirely sure that we could have.

In an effort to try to understand what has happened, I've got in touch with the Openreach number porting team, and I've been advised that the number port activity was never accepted, that it was rejected by TalkTalk on the 07/12/2018 due to the phone number not being active, because they ceased the phone line/number.

What I'd like to do is move forward from this and based on the order failing, I'd like to take this to the Openreach provisions team and try to get an expedited(i.e. sooner) installation date to get your line back up and running.

Could you reply to this ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185369253 with your availability for a visit over the next week or so please? Timeslots are 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm.

As a side note, while discussing this with the number porting guys I was advised that your telephone number should be spare/free on the BT network on the 21/12/2018, so this means that if your line is up and running before then we'd just need to wait until the 21st before renumbering your line. 

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KGillespie
Dabbler

I replied immediately last evening but so far not had an update.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hmm, could you advise when you replied?

From what I can see the last reply was mine yesterday at 17:46.

Regarding bringing your appointment date forward, I'm still waiting for an update from Openreach I'm afraid. I emailed earlier this afternoon to chase this up, but no reply yet. Due to the weekend it's unlikely I'll get a reply until Monday.

Will keep you updated.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KGillespie
Dabbler

My reply was 3.51pm yesterday afternoon.

screenshot attached.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification.

I replied since then Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

About an hour ago I completed another pro-forma to Openreach to try to chase this up.

I'd expect a yea or nay on the 17/12/2018 but I'm in the office on Sunday so if I hear back sooner I'll let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've checked for you and no reply yet sadly.

I'll follow up tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Me again. I can confirm that your new appointment date for an engineer to visit is the 20/12/18 between 8am and 1pm, which is the earliest available due to engineer availability.

Once your phone line is back up and running, your broadband may not go live until the 28/12/2018 as per the original committed date on the order, but once the phone order has completed, I'll contact our suppliers to expedite the broadband order for the soonest completion date.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
KGillespie
Dabbler

I thought “oh great broadband connected by Thursday/Friday” when I received the text and the first email.

Then I get another that says the above.

Words fail me I am sorry to say.