cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's see if BT will be quicker than 3 weeks late PlusNet to connect me. I bet they will.

manodin
Hooked

Let's see if BT will be quicker than 3 weeks late PlusNet to connect me. I bet they will.

I have applied to PlusNet on 6 September. Supposed to get engineers on 22 Sept but no one came. My order is stuck on "Checking Your Details". 

Called 10-20 times everyday, it always hangs up.

Sent a message on Twitter, no response.

Opened a topic here, no response.

Created a ticket, no response.

I give up. Yesterday I signed a contract with BT and I am supposed to get connected on 6 October. Let's see if anyone from PlusNet will be able to fix my issues before I get connected by BT.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Let's see if BT will be quicker than 3 weeks late PlusNet to connect me. I bet they will.

So let's get this into some sort of perspective.

You signed up on the 6th September when presumably you were offered an installation date of 22nd September. As you did not cancel within the 14 day cancellation period then presumably this was acceptable to you. On the 22nd September you first posted on here to say that your account seemed to be stuck in the system.

One day (not three weeks) after your programmed go live day you have responded to the delay by signing up with another ISP.

I hope that you are not starting one unholy mess with cancellation charges etc. that you will need to sort out!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

manodin
Hooked

Re: Let's see if BT will be quicker than 3 weeks late PlusNet to connect me. I bet they will.

Who died and made you the rightful protector of PlusNet? I was hoping to get a response from the customer service but a random fella is giving me a lecture about how I am faulty... Get a life.

I only noticed on 22nd that my order is stuck. Up until then I was thinking everything's fine.

I am not logging in and checkinf the situation of my order everyday.

It's none of your business what I start. Please go lecture someone else.

Baldrick1

If you don't want a response from the public then please don't post on a public forum.

I am not suggesting that you are at fault or am I supporting/excusing the currrently dire Plusnet (lack of) customer services. I was just trying to put things into perspective regarding your 'three weeks late' comment and also trying to warn you that you might be creating a mess that could take a while to sort out.

Moderator and Customer

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Another thing to watch out for is that if PN have an order on your line, BT won't be able to place a new order until the first is completed.

Even if they have not managed to place an order, BT Retail may also have the same issue.

Hopefully none of the above will happen and your order with BT goes ahead as planned.

manodin
Hooked

I understand.

The issue here is as a customer I don't feel valued and that made me feel let down. I have lots of responsibilities that rely on the internet, I've been using mobile hotspot which is not good and on top of that not being able to find anyone to tell my problems is very frustrating. I am sorry that I let my anger out of you.

manodin
Hooked

Thanks for the info and wishes!

If I can find a staff to help me out I will either continue with PlusNet or cancel my contract and switch to BT.

Baldrick1

@manodin 

I fully understand how frustrating you must find this. Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along soon and pick this up for you.

I agree that it's none of my business but I would keep the BT cancellation window in mind and not consider moving on until Plusnet have agreed to cancel your order without charge. The cancellation period starts when you sign up, not the go live date and it might be the same for BT. Plusnet seem to automatically pass unpaid bills very quickly to debt collection agencies and your moving on could automatically trigger cancellation charges. So even if your actions are considered reasonable by a fair minded person, once these automatic processes are triggered you still have a mess to sort out and as your current experience is showing,  isn't likely to be easy.

Moderator and Customer