cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lengthy Order Process... Now on Wrong Plan!

SteveRocket
Hooked

Lengthy Order Process... Now on Wrong Plan!

I ordered a phone line on 21st August, today was the first day they could install it (mostly due to Plusnet asking questions and when I replied, not actioned for several days).

I asked if I could change my plan to include minutes on the home phone, was told yes but can't change until line is live.  As soon as it's live then you can add it immediately.  Just added it (as line now live) and get an e-mail saying I've got to wait a month!

I've also asked and paid £5 for a static IP, and it still says it's dynamic.

I just called up and it said the current wait time is 40 minutes!  It also told me I could go online to raise a support request, but I can only view my old tickets and not start a new one.

What's going on?

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Lengthy Order Process... Now on Wrong Plan!

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

Unfortunately any package changes take affect on your next billing date and there isn't any way we can speed this up I'm afraid.

With regards to the static IP it appears this got stuck on your account.

I've readded this for you and if you drop your connection you'll pick it up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SteveRocket
Hooked

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not happy about this situation, I was told to add it on the day it went live as it couldn't be done before, then when I do it on that day, it's my billing day, so I can't add it until next month.

Bearing in mind I'll have been waiting from 21st August until 5th November for this, I really don't think it's acceptable.

Surely it's just a case of applying a credit for the call cost and a debit for the plan cost manually?

I have tried calling in to resolve this, and every time I'm expected to wait in a queue for 40 mins?

The service I have received, from a company I've always held in high regard for customer service, seems to have gone downhill since I last had to resolve an issue!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry that you feel this way but I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
SteveRocket
Hooked

Please can you tell me how to raise a complaint then, without having to be a in a queue for 40 mins?

I feel I've been missold a product, after being told that the minutes could not be added whilst the order was processing, which took 6 weeks.  Then told that, although the order had completed, it then immediately bills and no manual adjustments can be made, so I have to pay a premium, because I was made to wait 6 weeks.

Sounds like a scam.

And now I've got an answerphone active that I don't want and can't take off, because I'm waiting for a billing change, which takes a month.

This is ridiculous.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@SteveRocket

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every webpage as "Complaints Code of Practice"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

While you're free to raise a complaint to us online, I'm sorry to say but it won't speed up the product change for your call plan.

I've considered the possibility of bringing your billing date forward but due to this pending change the system isn't allowing us to.

If you can advise roughly when you were advised you'll be able to change your call plan immediately, we'll be happy to listen to the call and go from there.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

If its 1571 that you have you can remove that yourself via the Voice Control panel in the membership centre - no neeed to wait for your next bill.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Unfortunately we can't remove call features from an account when there is a pending product change.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SteveRocket
Hooked

By phone or chat

The fastest way to let us know if you're not happy with your service is by using Plusnet Chat or contacting us by phone

Just called up, having checked the "average call answering time" on the stats.  Apparently it's currently 2 seconds.  Ring up.... "Our current wait time is approaching SIXTY minutes".  In my opinion, there is quite a difference between 2 seconds and 60 mins.  I have tried multiple times in the last couple of weeks, never less than 40 minutes.

Try and use the Plusnet Chat..... never lets me in.  It's either greyed out due to not being available or you put in all the details and then it apologises but they won't be helping me today, as everyone is busy.

All I want to do is cancel the pending product change, so I can turn off the answerphone, and then if I want I can put the calls package back on.

Everything is so restrictive.