cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left with no service by plusnet

Spud2

Left with no service by plusnet

Today is the 8th of April. My broadband switchover day. My old supplier knew and told me this was the date. Plus net has been mysterious about this date. Every communication has left a blank where there should be a date for activation. I woke up late because my broadband has been switched off with my old supplier, consequently the devices that rely on an Internet connection to carry out their daily routine and wake me up didn't function. This left me late for work.

Checking the plus net switchover tracker, that now states I switch over today (yesterday that was still being mysterious about my switchover date).

Now usually as a new customer you'd have a router a few days in advance of switchover so you'd be ready to connect. But once again plus net can't get this right. It's only been put forward for dispatch today.

So my situation seems to be :-
my broadband has been correctly disconnected as expected today.
I have no router, so will have no broadband for a few days.

Well done plus net, I'm already looking into cancellation and finding a competent company that can get the basics right.
4 REPLIES 4
Davego63

Re: Left with no service by plusnet

I am in the same situation. I ordered broadband on 22/03/21 and was informed that today would be switch over day by both providers and like you I find my self with no internet access and no router. I did however get an email stating that my router has been dispatched today and is “winging its way to me”. Should it not already be here? 17 days!!! Awesome start.
Spud2

Got the same email at 2am that they'd get around to sending out a router at some point today. So 2-3 days with no service are a reality, during a pandemic where the main way of seeing freinds and family is by Internet. Only my smartphone connected, so I'll likely end up paying extra on my mobile bill as a result of this plusnet incompetence
Mrstauf
Dabbler

Join the club!

Had no phone or broadband for nearly 1 month now, no communication from plusnet despite emails saying someone will contact me, but hey, at least I have a router!

Doesn’t look like the “award winning customer service team” are replying to anyone on here anymore either

Good luck!
Spud2

Oh apparently I've now got phone and broadband according to the text I've just received. Absolutely useless to me without a router.

I notice whilst plus net staff will respond to others on here, theres been no response to my issues.