Did you mean: 

Landline number failed to transfer now im without internet

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Landline number failed to transfer now im without internet

@Azim1998,

As soon as we place the ADSL order it will take around 4 working days (so earliest completion this Friday). We'll happily take care of it over on the forums for you.

Azim1998
Dabbler

Ok can you place the order then with the regrade as the regrade is my priority.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

That's been placed for you, in an interesting turn of events the Sky line's now showing as a stopped line so we'll place the restart on that too for you. We'll update you tomorrow when we have order confirmations. 

Azim1998
Dabbler

Now thats ky shows as a stopped line what does that exactly mean to restart that?
Will it affect the time it takes for me to get ADSL broadband to go live?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

Standard Openreach stopped lines take a day to complete. MPF lines (which is Sky, Talk Talk type providers) have a lead time of 3-4 working days. I've placed the orders as a SIM so as long as it gets accepted it should complete the same time as it would normally for an ADSL service. 

Azim1998
Dabbler

Hi JOLO,

I just got an email from plusnet saying that my phone transfer will occur on the 14th. Is that for broadband aswell or will broadband go live by friday?

Also is it definitely not possible for the old number to be retained?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

At this stage you won't get the number back. You'll be assigned a random number, we can try, after your services are up to request it be transferred form Sky but it takes two weeks FYI and there is no speeding that up (minimum regulator guidelines).

Once we import the number (if they allow us to - they could decline it), we can renumber the line we've provided with that number, but we won't be able to do this until the fibre regrade is completed as you can only have one open order on a line at any one time. 

The line restart is committed for that date, I'm waiting for the broadband committal, as I said earlier we'll update you tomorrow.

Azim1998
Dabbler

Hi,

Will ADSL work with the router that came for my fibre order or do I need another one. I've searched over the forums and some say it will work and some say it wont.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

PN supply the Hub One for fibre, so assuming it's that,  then it will also work fine on ADSL

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Azim1998,

The Hub One router is for Fibre but it will work with the ADSL connection as well.

Any questions, please come back to us.

Thanks - LF

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

As you've seen I've been updating the ticket on the account but I thought I'd update this thread too for visibility for you. 

I'm afraid the update that I have been provided today isn't one that's particularly positive. So once the ADSL services completed and activated the line hadn't actually updated as having fibre available so I raised this to a special team within Openreach to rectify incorrect record information. Basically the address records (on DSL checker) so you as being connected to cabinet 12, which is fibre enabled, but your number shows as being routed from cab 51 which isn't fibre enabled. They admitted that a discrepancy existed somewhere on the 17th October and advised they were issuing out a pair prove engineer to trace the line back and update all record activities to allow us to order.

We got an update on that pair prove engineer this afternoon and I'm afraid the telephone line records are correct, and you're routed from cab 51 not 12 and this unfortunately means you cannot get any fibre service. I'll update the ticket on the account with the full response received, but I'm afraid there's nothing else that can be done at the moment to get you on a fibre service (this is all likely the reason for all the initial problems that happened to start with). 

Obviously you're currently stuck on a product that you don't want (ADSL) and an account type (FTTC) that we're unable to offer. This means we'll either need to move the account type to reconcile with the correct product, or allow you out of the contract free of charge because we've sold a service that cannot be offered - it's worth noting that you will have exactly the same issue with any other Openreach maintained provider so it's worth remembering or mentioning it to them if you chose to go elsewhere. 

As I've said I'll update the ticket with this information but if you'd let us know how you want to proceed we can get it actioned for you. 

Azim1998
Dabbler

So after countless weeks of making me wait and promising me fibre, along with me having to change my landline number, you end up telling me I cant get fibre and the best you will do is let me leave free of charge? What a joke.

If I choose to go with another provider will my services with you stay active until a switch as i would rather not be left without internet again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Azim1998

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened but I'm afraid there isn't anything further we can do.

If you were to transfer to another provider your services would stay active with us until the transfer completes

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team