Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number failed to transfer now im without internet

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Re: Landline number failed to transfer now im without internet

@Azim1998,

As soon as we place the ADSL order it will take around 4 working days (so earliest completion this Friday). We'll happily take care of it over on the forums for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
Azim1998
Dabbler

Ok can you place the order then with the regrade as the regrade is my priority.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Azim1998,

That's been placed for you, in an interesting turn of events the Sky line's now showing as a stopped line so we'll place the restart on that too for you. We'll update you tomorrow when we have order confirmations. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
Azim1998
Dabbler

Now thats ky shows as a stopped line what does that exactly mean to restart that?
Will it affect the time it takes for me to get ADSL broadband to go live?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Azim1998,

Standard Openreach stopped lines take a day to complete. MPF lines (which is Sky, Talk Talk type providers) have a lead time of 3-4 working days. I've placed the orders as a SIM so as long as it gets accepted it should complete the same time as it would normally for an ADSL service. 

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
Azim1998
Dabbler

Hi JOLO,

I just got an email from plusnet saying that my phone transfer will occur on the 14th. Is that for broadband aswell or will broadband go live by friday?

Also is it definitely not possible for the old number to be retained?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Azim1998,

At this stage you won't get the number back. You'll be assigned a random number, we can try, after your services are up to request it be transferred form Sky but it takes two weeks FYI and there is no speeding that up (minimum regulator guidelines).

Once we import the number (if they allow us to - they could decline it), we can renumber the line we've provided with that number, but we won't be able to do this until the fibre regrade is completed as you can only have one open order on a line at any one time. 

The line restart is committed for that date, I'm waiting for the broadband committal, as I said earlier we'll update you tomorrow.

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
Azim1998
Dabbler

Hi,

Will ADSL work with the router that came for my fibre order or do I need another one. I've searched over the forums and some say it will work and some say it wont.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 90

PN supply the Hub One for fibre, so assuming it's that,  then it will also work fine on ADSL

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @Azim1998,

The Hub One router is for Fibre but it will work with the ADSL connection as well.

Any questions, please come back to us.

Thanks - LF

Tahir M
 Plusnet Help Team