cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number failed to transfer now im without internet

Azim1998
Dabbler

Landline number failed to transfer now im without internet

I moved from sky to plusnet and was told my services would go live on the 3rd of October. After a day my broadband was still not working and when I called them, I was told that the existing landline number couldn't be transferred. Instead of plusnet contacting me to tell me this, I had to call them myself to find out. Now they are attempting to transfer the landline number again but if it's not possible I'll recieve a new landline number and my services should go live in about 2 weeks.

After speaking on the phone I was sent an email which stated they will confirm in 24-48 working hours whether or not i can keep my landline number or get a new number.

Now the problem isn't about the landline number but the fact that because the broadband shouldve went live on the 3rd, my sky broadband has been cancelled and plusnet broadband isn't working. This has left me without internet for a while and in a house of 7 people this is quite a big issue.
I was advised they might be able to provide me with temporary bt wifi hotspot but only for 5 days and that even this isnt guaranteed.
I made it clear on the phone that being left without internet for 2 weeks is bad as it is but that it is even worse for the rest of my family in my house that dont have mobile data. However the advisors response was that they will not compensate for my family.
The advisor on the phone admitted that the fault lied on their behalf as they were aware of the issue but didnt let me know which has delayed the process and are saying they might not be able to compensate me for leaving me without internet for almost 2 weeks.

If this is how plusnet treats customers knowing full well that the fault lies on their behalf then I deeply regret choosing to switch to plusnet and will not be recommending plusnet to anyone looking to switch broadband providers.
27 REPLIES 27
smiley180
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Landline number failed to transfer now im without internet

Count yourself lucky I am now moving into week 3-4 of no service because of a similar issue along with bt-openreach incompetence of disconnecting my phone line.

I hope you have better luck.
Azim1998
Dabbler

I guess this isnt as rare as I thought. I chose plusnet because I heard of great customer service but I guess that isn't the case at all.

Good luck!
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Great customer service 🤣🤣🤣
What customer service?. Hours on the phone on hold isn't customer service ... Award winning customer service. NOT
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Azim1998,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your services - particularly your orders. I was looking into trying to get this resolved for you but I have a few questions. The number you've provided is not a valid number (and it's not because the line's been cancelled), and the address has no services assigned to it with any provider:

We'd expect either to see a working like with an 'MPF' tag, or if the line's been cancelled a stopped line, or some kind of marker to show any indication of a provider at some time in the recent past.

I've updated this ticket on your account I'd like you to confirm on that ticket that the address and line information originally provided to us is correct before we go ahead and place any further installation orders.

Azim1998
Dabbler

I've confirmed that the details are correct but I would rather just progress with a new number at this point.

Will I actually be able to get fibre with a new landline number or not? Because I would rather not delay the process any longer.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

Thank you for confirming. They've been placed for you and I'll update you again tomorrow. As I explained on the ticket you may get some automated emails about orders being cancelled and installation dates far in the future. Please ignore these I cannot stop them arriving, but there will not be applicable and are nothing to worry about.

I'll be back in touch tomorrow once I have an actual completion date for you

Azim1998
Dabbler

Thanks JOLO,

Can i just confirm is the order placed with the existing landline number or a new landline number?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998

This will be a randomly assigned number so nothing to do with the previous one. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

Unfortunately, we have another problem as the order's have been cancelled this morning. I'm afraid there's no DSLAM ports available to put you on a fibre service currently.

This means, at present, we won't be able to get you up and running with a fibre service, but we can activate an ADSL service to get you up and running and provide at least some access to the internet, and then place a regrade and allow it to go into delay awaiting ports to be renewed/freed up. 

Can you update the ticket letting me know you're okay for us to do this for you. 

Azim1998
Dabbler

This is becoming a joke.

I wait 3 weeks for fibre broadband then theres problems after problems. I called up today and the advisor told me I'll be given a preferential rate for ADSL broadband. I then hang up and i get a text offering me ADSL broadband for the standard price i could easily find online, I'm not sure about you guys but I wouldnt call that a "preferential rate" and I really dont think its acceptable to offer a standard price after all the inconveniences caused.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

The person you spoke to let me know you rang in. I imagine the regrade will be relatively quick to get resolved once it's placed - in some cases the delay can be a month or two it just depends on what needs doing in the area to free up space, and we'd just discount the price while we wait for that to happen. They've offered ADSL broadband at £1 per month while we wait for the fibre regrade to complete, if you let us know what you'd class as more preferential we'll see what we can do for you, but once the fibre regrade completes it would revert to the contracted price you agreed to.

Azim1998
Dabbler

Is there a chance that this regrade will take longer and I could possibly end up with ADSL for my whole contract period?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Azim1998,

I have never seen a port or DSLAM delay last 12 or 18 months, so I would hazard a guess at no but I can't guarantee that, there's no way of knowing until the regrade's placed. I think a realistic idea for a timescale is going to be a month, it could be longer or it could be sooner.

Azim1998
Dabbler

Would I have to do anything myself for this regrade or will you guys take care of everything?
Also how long would it take to get ADSL to go live if I were to accept since I already have the router.