cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my phone number

jbainbridge

Keep my phone number

Going through the online order I'm told our current phone service is incompatible and we'll be given a new number.

We'd be moving from TalkTalk .. can we keep our number?

(I've not ordered yet).

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Keep my phone number

Hi there,
Thanks for looking to join Plusnet.
If you can send me a PM with your landline phone number and full address I’ll be happy to run some checks to see if it’s possible for us to import it. Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HelenF

Hello, I'm interested in this as I'm also in the process of moving from TalkTalk to Plusnet. I was told my phone number was incompatible but not that I would receive a new landline number. Can you confirm this please?

HelenF

Sorry, forget that – I've just found my plusnet webmail which confirms I will keep my number. So good luck with yours,!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the message @jbainbridge I've just messaged you back now advising that it should be possible for us to retain your phone number as our checks show that we can import it.

Thanks for getting in touch @HelenF 

Just to confirm I've checked this out and everything looks good for your phone number to transfer over on 15/10/19 with your broadband service activating on this day too. It can take anytime up to midnight for the orders to complete.

We'll email and text you once that's done and your broadband and phone services are ready to use.

Let us know how it goes and if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jbainbridge

Just coming back to say our service transferred over last Thursday. For now I’ve just updated the credentials in our current router .. no one in the house has noticed any change!

Thank you!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@jbainbridge,

Great news! Any issues please do let us know.