Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting told Fibre order is complete when it's not

coppertown
Hooked

Keep getting told Fibre order is complete when it's not

Hi

I ordered an upgrade to Fibre at the start of September, and last week received an email from Plusnet saying that the upgrade had been completed. I complained on a support ticket for the order that I was still on standard broadband and after days of the ticket being on and off hold, I received a reply today again saying that the order was complete. However, I am still on ADSL broadband. 

I was under the impression that an engineer had to do something to enable Fibre, either in the box on the street or in my home. Whilst I appreciate that available engineers may be in short supply, the lack of information on the progress of the upgrade is starting to get annoying, especially when I keep getting told that everything is sorted, when it's not.

Can you tell me if an engineer has been requested and when they are likely to do the switchover?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Keep getting told Fibre order is complete when it's not

Hi there,

If you got your email today about your upgrade, it can take up to midnight to 'go live'. I was told this when I joined Plusnet. Mine went 'live' at around 5.30pm. and in 6 months I've only had one little hiccup.

Good luck. Thumbs_Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Can you tell me if an engineer has been requested and when they are likely to do the switchover?

@coppertown Have a look at the BT checker to see if there is an open order with a completion date for your phone number. It should be in the text after the speed estimate figures.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

coppertown
Hooked

I can't see any open order on the BT Wholesale webpage. Can you tell from that which service I actually have or is it just letting me know which ones are available to me?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It lets you know what services are available and an estimate of likely speeds.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

and IF there is an order for Fibre on your line it will say so in the text below the speed estimates

The text below the estimates table  says something like

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

If there is an order scheduled then will be another line saysing

There is an open order on this line , due to complete on ....

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello there.

I'm looking into this for you now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coppertown
Hooked

I've read through the text underneath the speed estimates and it's all just standard stuff with no mention of an open order. Does that suggest that Plusnet have not put the order in yet?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry to see how this has been handled on your ticket. The modify order we've placed to change your service to fibre broadband failed through our suppliers systems due to a conflicting open order.

That's because of the phone order we had in place to move your phone service over to us. In these situations, there can only be one order open on the Openreach systems at any one time.

I'll get your fibre order placed now and I'll update your ticket shortly.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coppertown
Hooked

Ok, thanks Anoush

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @coppertown,

I can see that an update is available on your order and it is now committed for the 09/10/2017 and can take up to midnight to complete. All further updates can be found in this ticket link here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=157287983

If you need any further assistance or have any further queries regarding your fibre order then please just get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

coppertown
Hooked

Thanks.

I notice that the BT Wholesale site now states that my line has an open order, so it looks like the upgrade is properly scheduled in.

Only a week and a half to go ... 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Almost there...

Can you let us know how it goes on the 9th?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coppertown
Hooked

Looks like BT did their bit at 8am this morning, as the internet connection and phone line went down. Phone came back after a short while and the router (Asus DSL-N66U modem/router) seemed to be detecting a DSL line speed of 39mbs but it wouldn't connect to the internet. Tried rebooting but made no difference.

After waiting a few hours, thought I'd try going through the router's setup wizard. It seemed to detect the vdsl connection but again the DSL light was on but it wouldn't connect to the internet. Started the wizard again, and now it can't find any DSL link.

Is there anything plusnet need to do at their end to enable the fibre connection, or is the current lack of a dsl link a bt or router problem?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Probably not been activated at PlusNet's side, it should happen when the order completes but often needs manual intervention, call Customer service or use chat if it's working. A bit odd that you can't get sync any more.Huh