cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to the Full Fibre 900

FIXED
guiseppa71

Just upgraded to the Full Fibre 900

Not sure if this should be in billing or not but I've just started the upgrade to the Full Fibre 900 package and I've received an email saying "We're sorry to hear you're leaving us" and that I will be charged an early termination fee of £48.35.

I'm not leaving PlusNet, I'm just upgrading so why am I being charged?

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Just upgraded to the Full Fibre 900

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Have you by any chance tried to move your telephone line to a VOIP provider?

If so that will have the effect of cancelling your FTTC connection and thus probably  introduce the charge for early termination.

Signing up to FTTP with Plusnet means that you lose the phone line and your number.

guiseppa71

No I haven't. I don't have any phone packages with PlusNet either. The only extra I had was a static IP.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@guiseppa71 

Sorry but I cannot help more on this topic but I am sure that someone with a greater knowledge and maybe a staff member will be along soon to clarify things for you.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@guiseppa71 

You will have a phone line / number from PlusNet - to enable your current ADSL / FTTC service to operate (unless it's an old legacy product from a time when PlusNet did Internet only and you could have a phone service from another supplier).

You'll need a staff member to confirm what's happening with your account. PlusNet do not offer a phone service with their Full Fibre package so you loose any phone number you have - if you don't use it then there's no problem with that. Some customers use / need their current number so can't go with PlusNet Full Fibre so need to change ISP.

Brian

cocowalla
Dabbler

> Some customers use / need their current number so can't go with PlusNet Full Fibre so need to change ISP

I've waited years for PlusNet to start offering FTTP, and was looking forward to switching... but I really need to keep my existing numbers Sad

I don't mind switching to a VOIP provider if needed - is losing your number a temporary issue PlusNet are working through, or is it going to be a permanent "feature"?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@guiseppa71 wrote:

Not sure if this should be in billing or not but I've just started the upgrade to the Full Fibre 900 package and I've received an email saying "We're sorry to hear you're leaving us" and that I will be charged an early termination fee of £48.35.

I'm not leaving PlusNet, I'm just upgrading so why am I being charged?

I'd ignore that email as we shouldn't be charging you a termination fee as you're upgrading to FTTP. Sorry for the confusion!

@cocowalla wrote:

is losing your number a temporary issue PlusNet are working through, or is it going to be a permanent "feature"?

Really sorry about this. I've posted Here that...

@Gandalf wrote:

I don't know I'm afraid but this is currently the way it is. 

We'll happily sign you up to BT if you'd like to keep your number as they can provide a Digital Voice service. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
w0036471

I have had the same type of correspondence - an email and a hard copy letter telling me I'm leaving and I need to pay an early termination charge - as a result of a request to upgrade to Full Fibre. This is presumably linked to you not offering a landline to Full Fibre clients, but I would suggest you need to alter your automated processes ASAP.

bmc
Hero

@cocowalla 

PlusNet are now offering FTTP to new customers - along with an option to keep ypur phone number. Don't know what this means to existing customers but this is from their Help pages.

"Plusnet Full Fibre is a broadband only package, so you don’t need a phone line. This means you can save on line rental.

When you sign up you’ll just need to let us know what you want to do with your phone line. If you don’t want to keep it when we’ll take care of everything and disconnect your phone when you switch to us. This will means you’ll lose your landline number and any services or alarms connected to your phone will also stop working. You may need to speak to your service provider about these.

If you want to keep your home phone line you’ll need to arrange this with your current landline provider. Your phone service will be completely separate from your Plusnet Full Fibre package."

Perhaps @Gandalf can shed some light.

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@bmc It basically means Plusnet will not supply a phone service, you have to get it from your current landline provider and assuming that they can do a phone only service keep paying line rental and call charges.

Not a viable solution for anyone in my opinion.🙄

bmc
Hero

@RealAleMadrid 

I don't disagree with you - I think the real question is will PN allow the last minute port to a VOIP provider of a number without it cancelling the FTTP order.

Brian

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi all @w003671 I'm sorry for any confusion caused by the automated notifications, I'll get some feedback passed on about that as you definitely won't need to pay any early termination fees if moving over to FTTP either with us or BT.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team