cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up for plus net fibre

nrnrnr

Just signed up for plus net fibre

Two issues really.   Firstly I signed up on the website after I placed my order, however, in my infinite wisdom, I almost immediately forgot the password.  When I try and reset the password, I get account not found - even though I'm getting emails and information through about it.

The second issue is that I've been told there is a "pending cease on the line".  I'm very interested in getting the fibre connection set up as soon as possible, I've already received the hub - however, the ticket has told me that I need to wait till 10th June in order for this to be progressed.  I don't really want to wait tille the 10th June, then have another ten day wait in order for the fibre to be set up - is there anything I can do to speed this process up?  I've just moved into this house, so have no desire to keep a phone number or anything like that.  Any guidance or experience would be awesome! Smiley

13 REPLIES 13
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Just signed up for plus net fibre

Sounds like you could do with one of the Plusnet staff to sort you out like @HarryB @Chris or @Anoush

Anotherone
Champion

@Chris I seem to have a problem getting your @ to work when I @ more  than one person. Your name doesn't come up in the (short list of) prompts now as there are too many similar names Shocked

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I can take a look at the account tomorrow morning, however it sounds like an existing provider is currently in the process of ceasing the line, so there might not be much that we can do until either the cease completes or is cancelled. But this is just speculation so I'll investigate it further tomorrow Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anotherone
Champion

@nrnrnr just a thought - did you at anytime tell your existing provider to cancel the service (on a given date)? Even if you didn't, they are no doubt that you are aware that you are migrating your service.

Whatever the circumstances, I would contact your existing provider and tell them to remove the cease on your line and to let the migration proceed as it should do under OFCOM's new rules. If they are difficult about it I would threaten to report them to OFCOM. Some providers have been bloody minded by deliberately taking such action to cause inconvenience to the end user because they are leaving Shocked

nrnrnr

Thanks for the staff response, already slightly impressed by your service Smiley As for the current provider of this house, I have no idea, I've just brought it and moved in and would like internet as quickly as possible.  Am burning through mobile far too quickly for my liking Smiley

Am slightly more concerned that you guys have sent me a hub and letters (with my account details) and yet when I try and recover my accounts password the account name it isn't found... much easier to do this with tickets than in a public forum Smiley but the advantage is that other peeps can google this, I've been impressed so far by customer service on your forums.

nrnrnr

Thanks for the response! Smiley There is no existing provider (that I am aware of) as I've just brought this house (first time buyer, scary process!) so no one to complain to alas.  As you are clearly very well informed, can you explain what a cease on the line means?

Anotherone
Champion

The account name (as is password) is case sensitive mind!

Ah, then the cease on the line can only be stopped by the previous owner/account holder of the line, so you may be unlucky with the speed with which things can progress, that unfortunately is down to OFCOMs rules being inadequate in these circumstances. I'm sure staff will pick this up and try and resolve it for you as quickly as the system will allow. And I would imagine that you account/password issue will be resolved tomorrow.

Sorry I posted before seeing your reply - a cease means that the service currently on the line is being stopped and the account with which it's associated will presumably be ended.

nrnrnr

Just tried all variations on my account name (CAPsWIse) that make sense and no luck alas... thank you for the info though Smiley

Anotherone
Champion

And my apologies for omitting to say Welcome to the forum in my initial reply. Welcome. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@nrnrnr I too am having difficulty in locating your account. Could you PM me what you think your username is please?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looks like Anoush found the account and spoke to you earlier today, hope all goes well.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Anotherone wrote:

@Chris@ I seem to have a problem getting your @ to work when I @ more  than one person. Your name doesn't come up in the (short list of) prompts now as there are too many similar names Shocked

It's as if I planned it that way Wink

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your time on the phone. My colleague in our provisioning team has booked an engineer appointment for your fibre and phone to go live on the earliest date available, which is the 15th June between 8am and 1pm. The engineer will need access to your property. If you're not happy with this please let us know soon.